Chapter 8

A/N- LOOK AT HIMMMM
-
-
-
-
-
-
You peered across the table at Edward, you were both eating lunch at your usual cafe. You were so used to him just watching you, his face concealed by the mask, that it was so nice to just..eat together. You'd been there for about an hour now, waiting for food, chatting and of course, eating. You looked out the window, noticing the rain beginning to pour heavily.

"Look..I knew it'd rain today. We should've brought coats." You groaned.

"I'm sure it'll ease off by the time we've finished eating. Besides, you can borrow my coat if you need to." Riddler smiled.

You smiled, the thought of you wearing his cargo green jacket made you blush.

"Hopefully, it will...do you wanna have dinner together again tonight? Since I don't have work, I thought it'd be nice for us to have the day together." You smiled.

"I'd love that...we could make something together." He tilted his head, his eyes scanning over you..he was constantly looking at you like you were the prettiest thing he'd ever seen.

"That's what I was thinking." You nodded as you ate another mouthful of food.

Edward finished his food, placed his cutlery down softly and brought his coffee closer to him. You watched him, just enjoying seeing him do simple things. He grabbed a coffee stirrer and began to swirl it across the foam in his coffee. You continued to eat as you watched him, he seemed in his element drawing out shapes on his coffee.

He placed the coffee stirrer down and scratched his head as he looked at his work. Riddler looked up and noticed you watching, a small blush forming on his cheeks. He was so cute.

"Can I see?" You smiled.

He turned the coffee revealing a perfectly drawn question mark in the foam.

"You're pretty good at that!" You laughed, shocked by how neat the shape was.

"Practice makes perfect I suppose." He shrugged with a smile.

"Maybe you should get into coffee art." You teased.

"You're only saying that so I can make you nice coffee." He smiled.

"Yeah, you're right." You laughed as you finished your meal.

You picked up your drink, which was almost finished, and took a small sip.

"I don't think the rains gonna clear." You said softly as you looked out the window again.

"Afraid of getting wet?" Edward teased.

"More of getting cold. If I get cold, I'll want a hot bath." You smiled.

"You can have a bath at mine if you get cold, don't worry." He sipped his drink.

"Thank you." You smiled, placing your empty cup down on the table.

"Ready?" He gazed at you softly.

"Ready." You nodded as you tugged your jacket on and stood up.

Riddler picked up his coat and gestured for you to put it on. You smiled at the gesture and tugged the clothing around you. The sleeves were too long for you..but at least your hands wouldn't get cold.

"Are you sure you don't want this? You aren't gonna get cold?" You looked at him, slightly worried.

"I'll be fine, I'm used to cold environments." He shrugged.

You wondered what he meant by that...but pushed the thought away, not wanting to pry if he didn't want to talk about it.

"Okay, thank you." You smiled as you walked out together.

Edward slid his hand over to yours as you stepped outside. You locked fingers, the warmth was comforting in comparison to the intense cold of the rain.

"At least we don't have far to walk." You stated as you began walking together.

"Gotham city...everything is a ten minute walk." He said.

"Exactly." You laughed. You turned to him, noticing how the rain slid off of his face. He somehow looked even prettier in the bad weather.

As you approached his apartment building, you paused to peer at him, just taking in how he looked. He blinked at you, a small blush forming on his cheeks.

"You're so pretty." You whispered as you placed your hand against his cheek, cupping it gently.

"..you're prettier." Riddler said in a hushed tone, teasing you slightly.

"Pftt." You rolled your eyes before leaning towards him, your faces closer now.

Edwards hand reached up to cup your jaw as you both leaned in, eyes closed and hearts pounding. You pressed your lips against his, you could feel small cuts where he chewed at his lips..a nervous habit..but you didn't mind. Kissing him was like..bliss, he was so warm and soft. The warmth of his body ran through you, heating you up in the cold rain. You stayed there for a moment, holding each other in the kiss. You never wanted it to end. You pulled away slowly, gazing into his eyes as they opened.

"....we should get out of this rain." Riddler said quietly, a deep blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah." You laughed as you walked into the building with him.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n- THEY SMOOCHED