Chapter 7 - Book of the Void; Volume 2 - Noir

Here's the next chapter, enjoy!

At Stolas's manor library, Stella turned the page to the next part and read;

"Grimoires of Void - Volume 2"

"A book as mysterious as the first Volume. Volume 2 doesn't cast spells like Volume One. Instead, it carries the Arms of Void within its pages. Noir is able to store objects inside its pages. From guns and bombs to swords and shields, it has no limit to its capacity. In its pages now are the 14 Lost Weapons of the War between Heaven & Hell. The 7 Heavenly Virtuous Weapons and the 7 Deadly Sinfull Firearms. Weapons that were made by the forces of both Heaven and Hell but banished into the Void when the War between Heaven and Hell when the war had ended. "

****

Back with Linc and the nun, blades were clashing and sparks were flying. The two backed off each other.

Nun: I will give it to you hellspawn, you are good, but... How... How are you wielding that sword?!

In Linc's hands was a very angelic sword with a hilt and pommel of gold, a handle wrapped in blue silk, and a blade that practically shined with how well-sharpened and clean it was.

Nun: The Holy Sword of Humility. I divine relic that was long forgotten by the common folk. Lost to time. How can you even hold it?

The nun took a quick breath. Linc seemed to remain silent and motionless.

Nun: Calm yourself, Pegathy. Gather info calmly. (looks at Linc) He doesn't seem to be conscious, he could be fighting back on instinct. He doesn't react when nothing is happening.

Pegathy stuck her bayonets in the ground and began walking forward. Linc just stared off into space. Pegathy got right next to him and he did nothing. Then she reached for the handle of the sword, only for Linc to finally make a move and slash at her. She ducked and rolled back to her weapons.

Pegathy: As I thought, he's not going to attack if he senses no danger but stealing the holy weapon from him isn't going to work. Guess the old-fashioned way is my only option.

Pegathy took her blades and charged forward this time Linc took a defensive stance. Pegathy leaped into the air and threw two small bayonets from her sleeve, but Linc blocked them. Pegathy landed behind Linc and went for another stab at his back, only for Linc to spin around parry her attack. The two then continued the exchange of blows and blocks.

Pegathy: (thinking) My main problem with the old-fashioned way is the Holy Sword of Humility. Amplifies the wielder's powers, determination, and self-importance, and passes its history and knowledge of the swordsmanship from the past users to the current user. Making any who wields it into a master.

{BANG!!!}

Pegathy then went wide-eyed as she dodged a bullet by tilting her head. In Linc's other hand was a fancy yet strange-looking pistol.