Chapter 13 - Snow Warfare

Here's the next chapter, enjoy!

Several explosions could be heard coming in the distance. Agness was running from several energy blasts being fired at her by Void. Agness shot a few bullets at Void, who dodged them with ease. When he got closer to Agness, she jumped up and away.

Void growled and summoned several endless chains from his pages. He spun and fired three shots of energy straight at Agness. She dodged them all until a chain smacked her leg. Where she fell to the ground, exhausted.

Agness: Is this book's power endless?!

Agness looked around, it was just her and Void. His power was just too powerful. It was becoming clear, Void was much stronger than he appeared to be. Agness started to feel dizzy and felt her knees giving way. Her leg was injured and she could not stand.

Void turned around and floated towards her. Launching an energy spear tried She tried to dodge, but couldn't. Her legs gave out and she fell. Luckily, the spear flew right over her when she fell.

Agness: Oh holy spirit. Lend me your aid. Heal my wounds with your holy light!

Agness was then bathed in light coming from the sky. Void looked up in confusion as to where it was coming from. Agness' wounds were healed by the light. Agness then took aim at Void with her sniper rifle.

Agness: Die you monster!

Agness opened fire on Void, who created a shield and blocked the bullets. Void flew away and created several energy swords and launched them at Agness. She dodged them, but as she did she felt one hit her leg. Agness hid in the snow-covered forest while Void continued to fire off energy swords.

Agness kept firing on Void, but she wasn't getting any closer to hitting him. He was flying too high up in the air to be hit by her gunshots. The energy swords were also fired with a high velocity. Agness fired off several bursts of bullets at Void, but they did not hit him. Agness then fled from her cover when a sword punched through the tree she was behind.

Agness ran through the snow while Void continued to fire energy swords at her. The sword flew out of his hand and shattered into a bunch of smaller swords. He started creating several swords in the air around him. He launched them at Agness and she dodged them. Then he fired a sword straight at her. She dodged it and ran back into the forest.

Agness: You can't catch me, monster!

Void stopped creating swords and made two hands out of energy. Before burying them in the ground. Then those same hands burst from the ground, grabbing onto Agness' legs. Void chuckled mockingly before throwing Agness into the air. While in the air, Void fired several energy blasts at her. Agness twirled her body in order to evade them, but her rifle was knocked out of her grasp. It went crashing into the snow, breaking to pieces upon hitting the ground. Agness pulled out a pistol and returned fire, but her bullets were blocked by Void's shields. She landed back on the ground and felt two sharp pains in her back. Her bulletproof vest had been pierced by Void's energy spears. 

 Agness: This monster is too strong! 

Void made a hand before burying it below the snow. She felt the ground rise up and the hand pierce through the earth. It then grabbed onto Agness' body, leaving behind two large gashes. The light returned and the wound closed up just as Agness was being hoisted back into the air.

Agness: I'm not dead yet!

Agness threw her now empty pistol and pulled out her throwing knives. She aimed at Void and flung them straight at him. They flew in his direction and embedded themselves into his book cover. But there was no visible damage to him. Agness then cloaked her knives in a holy light and fired at Void.