Phil

After solving Hannah's case, I decided to move to Duskwood. It was an amazing place and all my friends were there so yeah, this became my new life.

I was working on my laptop in my office, when suddenly I got a text from Phil:

Phil: Hey MC :)

Phil: Would you like to come to the Aurora tonight?

Why was Mr. Aurora suddenly inviting me to his bar? This came out of nowhere. Phil and I had only met once, to celebrate after finding Hannah. He and Jessy have finally started to get along though the group doesn't appreciate him much because of his reputation with women. But to me, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. So I thought to visit him as I didn't had anything else to do after work.

Me: Hey Phil

Me: Sure, I would love that.

Phil: Awesome! ;)

Phil: I'll be waiting.

Just then the manager walked in. Oh damn.. Wrong timing. My manager is the grumpiest, the most short tempered, always irritated and angry, finding flaws in everything kind of guy. And.... The way he looks and touches the female employees is just disturbing. I didn't wanted to be anywhere near this guy, but now he'd seen me chatting on my phone...

Manger: May I know why you are on your phone while you are supposed to be working ms. MC?

Me: Uh.. I am really sorry sir.. I was just replying back to a friend.

Manager: Replying back to a friend? Which friend? Your boyfriend?

Me: Uh no sir.. Just a friend.

Manager: Show me.

Me: What?

Manager : I said show me.

Me: You cannot see my phone sir.

Manager: I can see whatever I want to.

He said while eyeing me up and down. I felt disgusted under his gaze. I knew I had no choice but to oblige. So I handed him my phone.

Manager: So.. This Phil is your 'friend'?

He smirked at me. Disgusting pig.

Manager: I didn't knew you were this kind of a girl, MC. Everybody in Duskwood knows why women talks to Phil. You aren't any different.

I didn't say anything. It was pointless. This donkey head would only believe what he wants to. He threw some more disgusting comments at my way and left. Asshole.

I tried to be strong but it's been weeks. Everything here is perfect except this jerk of a manager I have to deal with. Well, it's not just me, but why should we suffer this? I had teary eyes and I just wanted to go home. My life in my hometown wasn't great. My dad was an alcoholic and my mom just didn't care if I was dead or alive. I didn't have any real friends there, my colleagues were busy with their own lives.

Here in Duskwood I found my family in the form of my friends but they've all been very busy with their personal lives after Hannah came back. I was feeling all alone again.

***

It was 8 at night. I left the office and was wandering in the streets thinking about my life. What should I do? Where should I go? Should I just die? No one would care if I just disappear, right? Would they search for me just like they did for Hannah too? Would they really care?

I found myself in front of the Aurora. Phil had invited me. I needed some drinks, I needed distraction from my life. I stepped inside and Phil immediately spotted me. His face lit up as soon as he laid his eyes on me. I smiled back at him. He started coming towards me.