So same yet So different

A/N: Before you begin-

Warning ⚠

⚠ The following story involves themes of violence, blood and sexual assault. If any of these triggers you, kindly refrain from reading.

⚠ This is one hell of a long chapter.

_____________________________________

"Jake..." I whined as I woke up to find him nuzzling his head in my neck. His arms were tightly wrapped around me as my back was pressed against his chest.

We were lying on our bed in our room as the curtains were still drawn to prevent the rays of the bright sun from entering the room and blinding us.

"Yes MC?" He innocently asked. I felt his breath hitting the skin on my neck before he pressed a soft kiss on the spot.

"Aren't you becoming bolder each day?" I teased while trying to ease the blush on my face.

His grip around me tightened as he chuckled. "You make me do things I always thought I was incapable of."

I turned in his hold so that I could look at him.

He grinned widely when he looked into my eyes and leaned down to press a gentle kiss on my lips.

He pulled back, thought something for a second, and then leaned down to softly kiss me again.

A light tint of pink hue dusted over his pale cheeks and his eyes gleamed with a childlike innocence.

My heart melted with pure bliss when I saw him like that. Just looking at his face gives me peace and his arms are always more than enough to give me comfort whenever I need it.

Whenever I am in his embrace, the feeling that nothing can ever harm me is stronger than ever. I feel so safe in his gentle hold and I know that he would fight the world for me if he has to.

I gave him a soft smile which he returned before pressing a kiss on my temple.

"Alright. It's time to get up." I announced before unwrapping his arms from around me and hopping off of the bed.

"5 minutes more..." He whined like a man child before opening his arms for me to fall back again into.

"Stop being a baby and get up." I tried to ignore the puppy eyes he was giving me.

He huffed but complied nonetheless. "I'm going for a shower." He muttered and then paused.

"You can join me if you want..." He gave a nervous grin to me. I chuckled at his adorableness.

"Just go." I shook my head before trying to get rid of the stupid smile on my face.

***

"Jake?" I called out to him while he sat and tapped away codes on his computer.

"Hm?" He didn't take his eyes away from the screen.

"I'm going out for grocery shopping. I'll be back within half an hour or so."

"Alright. Be careful and-"

"Call you if I feel something even remotely off. Yeah, I know." I waved him off and was on my way to the store.

The walk to the store was quite peaceful. Jake's hometown was much smaller than Duskwood but it was just as serene. Just like Duskwood, almost everyone knows everyone here and it creates such a friendly atmosphere that you never feel like leaving this place.

I entered the store and started picking up the things that I needed before heading over to the counter.

As I was paying my bill, I heard a strange commotion outside of the store.