Goodbye

Hey guys! Sorry for late update :')

This story was written upon request by SAVNIL

I hope you like it :)

_____________________________________

"At least give me a clue, Jessy. I know he must have told you something." I anxiously asked. Jessy and I were walking to the Aurora because Phil had planned something that no one was aware of. "I really don't know anything, MC." Jessy replied. But unlike me, she looked cheerful.

Phil and I have been secretly dating for 5 months now. After Hannah was found, I had decided to move to Duskwood and it was one of the best decisions of my life.

Phil was not like how everyone had portrayed him to be. Since we started dating, he has completely stopped flirting with other women however, he still compliments them. At first, I was bothered by this but soon I realised how happy all those women felt after being complemented by a handsome guy. The smiles they had on their faces were just so lovely. The thing that touched my heart was, how Phil had once complemented a bald lady who had lost all her hair due to an illness. The lady was so overwhelmed that she had tears in her eyes.

That day, I saw the real face behind the 'Womenizer' bar owner of Duskwood.

We entered the bar, and only our friends were present there. Phil gave me a huge grin as his eyes met mine. I smiled back at him.

Jake's POV:

I have both- been waiting and fearing for this day. The box with the ring was still in my pocket as I nervously waited for her. My sunshine. She was just so lovely that I couldn't help myself from falling in love with her. She gave me a purpose to live my life. She gave me hope. She gave me happiness. Now, it was my turn to give her everything she desires.

She arrived at the bar with Jessica by her side. My MC looked as beautiful as ever. Just by looking at her kind face, brings a huge smile on my lips. I just love this woman so much. I fail to view my life without her. So,  today I was going to propose her.

But I felt my heart drop a beat as she walked towards Phil, with a warm smile on her face. I was not happy when she was working day and night to get him out of prison.

As soon as she reached him, Phil pulled her in a tight hug and my breath got caught in my throat. But her reaction left me motionless. MC hugged him back as he kissed the top of her head.

This was shocking not only for me, but everyone. Especially Jessica, who was staring at them with wide eyes and an open mouth.

Phil pulled away from MC but still had his arm around her shoulder. "We have to tell you guys something." he announced and then glanced at MC who nodded. "We have been dating for 5 months now and.. MC is my girlfriend." he said and kissed her cheek.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces as I stared at the two of them. I didn't pay attention to the cheers and clappings of others. Jessica was scolding them for not telling her about  this earlier while I, I was just standing there, emotionless. My hand was still holding the box of ring in my pocket.

What happened next, however, felt as if the ground beneath my feet had disappeared. Tears stung my eyes as Phil bent down on one knee in front of MC and she gasped. He took out a box and opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. I stood there, speechless, watching as MC's eyes filled with happy tears. The cheering around me increased but I felt myself being engulfed by sadness like never before.

"You are the best thing that happened in my life, MC. No matter how much I say that, but words will never be enough to express the contentment you bring in my life. Everyone just views me as a womenizer while you saw the real me. Every morning when I wake up, my eyes beg to see your beautiful face. Your smile is my favourite view in the world. Your laugh is the best music to my ears. Your eyes are so pretty that everytime I look at them, I find myself drowning in their beauty. You bring out the best in me, MC and I don't even want to imagine a life without you being there with me. I love you so much, sweetheart.

"So, MC, will you be my wife and build a family with me? Will you marry me, MC?"

Tears rolled down MC's cheeks as soon as those words escaped his mouth. She looked so overwhelmed and yet, like a fool I was hoping that she'd say no to him. That she'd be mine. But as I heard her reply, I knew that this place didn't needed my presence anymore.

"Yes, Phil. I will marry you. I love you too." she whispered through teary eyes. Phil kissed her hand before placing the ring on her finger. He got up and pulled MC towards him by grabbing her waist and kissed her on the lips. MC held his face between her hands while she kissed him back.

I quietly started walking towards the entrance of the bar. I could no longer stand and watch her becoming his. Why did my life betray me like that? She was the only thing I desired but even she couldn't be mine.

But you know what? It's fine. It's good that she is with him. She deserves so much better than me anyway. I won't be able to give her the life she desires. Phil can.

I took out my phone and deleted all our conversations and then, I deleted my number from her phone too. No matter how much I try to convince myself, I can never forget her. I can never stop loving her. She deserves the best of the best and that is why, I should stay as far away from her as possible.

I threw the ring in the dustbin as I glanced at the Aurora for the last time.

Goodbye MC. I wish you all the best for your life. You were, and always will be the only person to bring a smile on my face. I wish I could have been the reason for your happiness too. But it's alright.

I'll survive.

I hope.

MC's POV:

I couldn't have been happier. Phil proposed me to marry him! This was like a beautiful dream. Everyone around us were so happy as they congratulated us.

"I can't believe that you are going to be my sister-in-law, MC!" Jessy squealed in delight. "And you, I swear if you ever make my beautiful sister-in-law cry, I'll strangle you myself." Jessy threatened to Phil who chuckled and shooed her away.

I noticed that someone was missing. Someone really important- Jake!  Where is he? I saw him standing here just a few minutes ago but now he's suddenly vanished.

I checked my phone to message him but I was left shocked when I saw that his number had been deleted from my phone. All our conversations gone.

I added his number again as I had it memorised in my brain but it rejected my chat request.

I excused myself from Phil as I went outside to search for Jake. But he was no where to be seen. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as a realisation dawned on me. Did Jake love me? No right?

But my suspicions were confirmed when I stared at a box thrown in the dustbin. I picked it out to open it and my heart broke as I looked at the beautiful diamond ring in it.

I stood there, frozen in spot as more tears rolled down my face.

Is Jake really gone?

***

"It's our wedding next week. Aren't you excited?" Phil asked as he joined me on the couch. He looked so cheerful and I felt even more guilty. It had been a month since I last heard from Jake. He didn't speak to anyone, not even his sisters. He had left Duskwood forever and no one knows where he was now. If he was even fine. I had tried calling him many times but failed every time.

I buried my face on Phil's chest as I cried remembering my memories with Jake. How can he just leave me like that?

"You're thinking about him again, right?" Phil patted my head and gently rubbed my back. I nodded. "He just left. No explanations, no goodbyes. Just gone. I don't even know if he's alright. I really miss him so much, Phil."

"There's nothing I can do to bring him back, MC. I'm sure he must be alright wherever he is. He made his decision and left. It's time that you let him go, too. People come and go all the time in our lives. It's always for the best. But I promise that no matter what happens, I'll always be with you. I can't bear to see you cry, MC. I just feel so powerless. It's killing me to see you so sad. He's gone and it's for good. Forget him, MC. Please."

"I'll try." I placed my hand on Phil's cheek and he kissed my forehead.

I know that I won't be able to just forget you, Jake.

Forgive me for hurting you. It was never my intention.

Please be Okay, wherever you are.

Goodbye.