❛ Chapter 9 ❜

Taeyeon closed her eyes while breathing fresh air. She was on the rooftop of the university. She did not see the involvement of her friends. Suddenly she wanted to be alone so she came here.

She then opened her eyes back and looked at the clock in her right hand. Another thirty minutes of class will begin. Let her hang out here first.

Since she was the only one here, she decided to sing a song.

Taeyeon slowly closed her eyes and sang a song called Lonely.

(Lonely - Jonghyun ft Taeyeon)

Baby I’m so lonely so lonely
I feel like I’m alone
I don’t want to make it obvious to you
I’m used to just holding it in
Understand me

Suddenly she heard someone clap his hands. Taeyeon quickly opened her eyes and she saw Baekhyun smiling at her while clapping his hands.

Taeyeon felt a little embarrassed but she still acted normal. She cleared her throat. Baekhyun laughed a little then approached Taeyeon and sat next to the cold girl.

He turned to Taeyeon and said, "Just admit that you're embarrassed." he teased her.

"What? I'm not." Taeyeon denied it even what Baekhyun said was true.

"Tch, don't lie. That. Your cheeks. You're blushing, right? Ah, it looks like you've just been praised by someone special." Baekhyun kept teasing Taeyeon.

He then laughed while Taeyeon let out a small sigh. She decided to changed the topic.

"Didn't I say, don't look for me again or come near me?" She raised her eyebrow while looking at him.

Baekhyun smiled slightly then licked his dry lower lip. "I don't think it's wrong. Besides, I've been wanting to get close to you for a long time." he replied.

Taeyeon flinched slightly before staring right into Baekhyun's eyes. Their eyes met for a long time. Suddenly she felt something. And of course, this is a feeling that is never present.

What is this feeling?

It was her first time someone saying like that to her. And she admitted that, Baekhyun is the only person who brave enough to approach her.

"You were the first person to dare approach me. Other people, no." Taeyeon broke the eye contact and look away.

"I know. Taeyeon, I want to be your friend. Can I?" Baekhyun asked carefully.

He also doesn't know why he acted like this. Which he was sure of, he wanted to be close to Taeyeon and he wanted Taeyeon to treat himself well.

Taeyeon stay silent for a while.

When there was no response from Taeyeon, Baekhyun immediately cleared his throat and took something from his pants pocket. He then handed the chocolate to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon felt guilty about wanting to refuse, so she just accepted the chocolate. But, something caught her eye. She put the chocolate aside before holding Baekhyun's hand.

Baekhyun was a little surprised.

He stared at Taeyeon who was touched his fingers. She looks so focused. 

He has beautiful fingers. Why didn't I notice?

Taeyeon's heart said. Baekhyun is still staring at her, he didn't know why but he wants to keep staring at her.

She's interesting.

Ring!

The sound of the bell ringing made Taeyeon and Baekhyun available. Taeyeon immediately released Baekhyun's hand.

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon said then she immediately got up and left.

Baekhyun is still there. He slowly smiled to himself. Somehow when Taeyeon touched his hand, it made him happy.

"Crazy."

🌸🌸

"Oppa!"

Baekhyun who was walking with his friends stopped when a girl called him.

They turned and saw Suzy who was walking quicky closer to them. The girl smiled widely when she look at Baekhyun.

She linked Baekhyun's arms and smiled spoiledly at him. "Oppa, let's go out together!" Suzy said.

Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun just looked at Suzy while raising one of their eyebrows. Suzy is one of Baekhyun's girlfriends. But Suzy is the girl who became Baekhyun's longest -running girlfriend.

And of course the other girls were jealous of her.

Baekhyun faked his smile to Suzy. Honestly, he didn't like Suzy because of the girl's excessive attitude.

"Sorry I can't, Suzy-ah. I'm busy with Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun." he made up and excuse.

Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun exchanged their glances when Baekhyun mentioning their name.

Suzy pouted. "But oppa.. We haven't been out together in a long time." she talked back.

"But I can't. Sorry." Baekhyun lied again.

"Hm, well okay then. See you, oppa! Love you!" Suzy kissed Baekhyun's cheek before she waved at him and went away.

Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun made a disgusted face. Baekhyun wiped his cheek that was kissed by Suzy earlier.

Chanyeol looked at him. "Yah, why didn't you break up with her?" he asked lazily.

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't break up with her. Because she's my longest girlfriend." he replied.

"Tch, longest girlfriend. I don't like her." Kris commented and agreed by Sehun and Chanyeol.

Sehun then added. "You want to make Taeyeon your next girlfriend. Just break up with Suzy." he suggested at Baekhyun.

"Hm, okay. See how it goes later. I really don't like Suzy but I'm lazy to break up with her. I've forgotten about her too." Baekhyun laughed wickedly.

Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun bursted into laugh too. "Yah, you're so bad!" Kris said while still laughing.

Baekhyun just grinned. Then, the four of them walked away together.

Meanwhile Suzy met with her best friend Jia. They are hanging out in a hut near their university.

"Baekhyun rarely sees me now. He is always busy." Suzy complained to Jia.

Jia patted Suzy's shoulder gently and replied, "Be patient, Suzy. We don't know maybe he's really busy." she replied.

Suzy squeaked slowly.

"I don't want to lose Baekhyun. I'm his longest girlfriend and the only one who stays. I know, Baekhyun must love me too because our relationship lasts a long time." Suzy smiled to herself.

"Yeah, you're right. If it's another girl, it won't be a day before Baekhyun breaks off their relationship. But look at you two. It's been a month!" Jia supported her best friend.

Suzy grinned happily. "Yeah, I know." she muttered while smiling.

Jia just smiled thinly.

To be continued