❛ Chapter 20 ❜

The sky is dark. The bonfire is still burning. It looks like three girls have fallen asleep resting their heads on a tree.

Only Taeyeon is still awake. The same goes for the four boys.

They are still awake.

"Aren't you sleepy?" Kris suddenly asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon glanced at him before she shook her head. Then she looked at her three best friends who have fallen asleep.

Kris look straight ahead.

Silence again. Only the sound of crickets singing a song.

"I'm going to sleep. I'm sleepy." Chanyeol suddenly yawned.

"Me too." Sehun stretched his body.

They both got up and went to a shady tree next to where the three girls slept. Then they sat down and leaned their heads and backs on the trunk of the tree.

They then closed their eyes.

"You didn't want to sleep?" Kris looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shook his head. Kris shrugged his shoulders and got up. "Okay." He walked towards Sehun and Chanyeol and sat down next to them.

He also closed his eyes. Now only Taeyeon and Baekhyun leave. Both of them just stay silent.

Baekhyun secretly glanced at Taeyeon before he cleared his throat.

"Why don't you want to sleep?" he asked.

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. Still didn't look at Baekhyun. Or her heart will beat again.

"Not sleepy." she replied shortly.

"Oh, same with me. I'm not sleepy too." Baekhyun said awkwardly.

Yah, Byun Baekhyun. Since when you become like this? Since when you become awkward with a girl?

Ah, you maybe forgot that our Baekhyun is in love with her.

Taeyeon just nodded. She then hugged her body. It was cold that night. Baekhyun saw Taeyeon's behavior then he approached the girl.

Taeyeon's heart started beating. Shit!

Taeyeon acted cool. Baekhyun opened the jacket he had been wearing for the past hour. He then puts the jacket on Taeyeon.

Taeyeon is a bit stunned but she is smart in controlling her facial expression. She cleared her throat and without looking at him, she thanked him.

"Thanks." she mumbled.

Baekhyun just smiled. "Nae." he looked ahead.

Taeyeon tightened the jacket on her body. Why is it so cold? Baekhyun's jacket was a bit thick but the weather tonight was very cold.

"Is it still cold?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Taeyeon tightened the jacket.

Taeyeon didn't say anything but she just nod.

Unbeknownst to her, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled the girl closer to him.

Taeyeon's body hardened when she felt her body being pulled close towards the boy. Her heart was beating faster.

Baekhyun hugged her so she wouldn't be cold. A feeling is present.

That is a feeling that Taeyeon has never felt all this time. Feel safe and comfortable. The warm hug made Taeyeon feel comfortable.

Instead of not being sleepy, Taeyeon suddenly feel sleepy.

Baekhyun tightened his hug so that the girl didn't feel cold. Suddenly he felt something on his shoulder. He smiled.

Taeyeon's head was on his shoulder. The girl was apparently asleep. That made him smile.

Baekhyun took the opportunity by staring at Taeyeon's face. The girl's face looked cute when she was sleeping.

Not like always. It's cold. Her face looked very different while sleeping. Very cute. Makes Baekhyun's smile widen.

"You are so beautiful. And cute."

He mumbled.

🌸🌸

The next morning, all the students woke up early. They want to help their professors keep track of Group 3.

"We have called the police. They will be here soon. Let's just calm down." Professor Kim said.

They obeyed her and sat down. Suzy just ignored them and minding her own business.

They all sat in a circle waiting for the police to arrive. 15 minutes later, the police arrived.

The professors continued to stand and greet the arrival of the police.

"We received reports that eight students were missing in the jungle. Can we get more detailed information?" about Inspector Bae.

Professor Kang nodded.

"Four male students and four female students. They are all in one group. They are the last group to go into the forest to carry out a mission. But hours have passed and they still haven't arrived." explained Professor Kang.

Inspector Bae nodded. A female police officer helps write something in a notebook.

Then Inspector Bae looked at some other policemen. "Let's start the search." he said.

They all nodded and began to enter the forest.

"Please wait here until we all return." said Inspector Kwon.

The professors and all the students nodded understandingly. They all sat back down and remained silent. Waiting for a report from the police.

All policemen embarked on a search mission. They split into four groups and searched for the eight students.

"Students, let's pray that all eight of them are found safely." said Professor Jang with high hopes. All students nodded. The situation is quiet.

Suzy just squealed in dislike. Jia glanced at her best friend before she shook her head in silence.

The search mission is still going on even though it has been almost two hours since they tried to find the eight of them.

But eventually, the police stopped searching and returned to the campsite.

"How?" about Professor Kim.

Inspector Bae shook his head. "We still haven't been able to track them down. But it's okay. We will continue the mission to find them." he said.

The four professors sighed in disappointment.

The students exchanged their glances. Suzy just remained cool. Didn't care about what happen.

After a rest of nearly twenty minutes, they resumed their work. Find those eight students.

"Byun Baekhyun! Kris Wu! Park Chanyeol! Oh Sehun! Kim Taeyeon! Jessica Jung! Tiffany Hwang! Im Yoona!"

The policemen shouted their names. Inspector Kwon pointed in one direction.

"Let's try to find it there." he said then they agreed.

They kept searching and searching for those eight students but they failed. But, they will not gave up.

They will continued to searching for them.

""Let's try in this direction." said Inspector Kwon, pointing in the other direction.

They nodded and walked towards what Inspector Kwon had shown them.

To be continued