❛ Chapter 39 ❜

Taeyeon closed and locked the door once she walked out from her room. She have texted her dad that she will go out for a while. Releasing stress.

Fortunately Mr.Kim allowed her to go alone.
Taeyeon who was wearing black tights, a white shirt accompanied by a light pink cardigan and black ankle-level boots entered the elevator.

She pressed key 1. While in the elevator, she checked her phone first.

Once the elevator doors opened, she stepped out of the elevator and headed out of the hotel. The car key given to her by her father was removed and the locked car was opened.

Taeyeon got into the luxury car and immediately started the engine. Then she drove her car to a nearby park. She drove for fifteen minutes before finally arriving at the vast and beautiful park.

Not many visitors made Taeyeon smile. It's good if there aren't many people. Taeyeon quickly removed her seatbelt and got out from her car.

She walked around the garden for a breath of fresh air. Then she stopped and sat on a bench that had been prepared in the garden. Taeyeon smiled a little.

While Taeyeon was enjoying the beautiful atmosphere, a voice greeted her.

"Hi, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon's face expression changed. She slowly turned to that voice and she was stunned to speak. He's here.

"Don't be afraid of me, please."

"W-what do you want?" Taeyeon accidently stuttering.

The man approached her and sat down next to her. He then looked at Taeyeon who was a bit uncomfortable with his presence here.

"What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" Taeyeon accused him without looking at him.

The man chuckled slightly. "Why should I? If I'm the old Jiyoong, maybe yes." he says. Taeyeon finally looked at him and frowning.

Jiyoong chuckled again. Yes, Jiyoong was the one who greeted her yesterday when she and Mr. Kim ate at the restaurant. She didn't expect to meet Jiyoong again.

Since she distanced herself from Jiyoong four years ago, she has not heard any news about this man again. Rumor has it that Jiyoong had already moved in before the news of Baekhyun’s death was known.

So maybe Jiyoong didn't know about what happen to Baekhyun.

"Yeah, I'm not the old Jiyoong. Don't judge me. I'm here because I lived in here, you pabo. I saw you at the hotel. I'm not stalking you. Yeah I have changed." he explained to Taeyeon.

Then he glanced at her. "Up to you if you want to believe it or not." he continued while looking straight to the front.

Taeyeon just remained silent.

"I want to apologize for all my mistakes to you. I hurt your heart. I broke the trust you gave me. I'm really sorry. It's up to you if you don't want to forgive me it's okay. I want to be honest. I'm sorry. .I know you won't accept me forever. I realize that, only Baekhyun can make you who you really are. I realize that all this time I don't love you either. It's Baekhyun who managed to change you. He's great." Jiyoong smiled a little.

Taeyeon's face turned sad when Baekhyun's name was mentioned. But Jiyoong didn't realizes it.

"So I just hope that you can forgive me. I know I'm very bad. But I hope that we can still be friends?" Jiyoong looked at Taeyeon, hoping Taeyeon would agree.

Taeyeon looked down for a while. She trust him. She can feel that Jiyoong is really sincere and regret everything that he has done in past.

"I know you didn't trust me, but I—"

"I forgive you. And yes, we can be friends." Taeyeon cut off Jiyoong's words.

Jiyoong looked at Taeyeon in disbelief. "I-is this true?" he stuttered. Taeyeon smiled and nodded. She then sighed. "Yeah. Why do I need to prolong this issue? This is an old story. The past story." she chuckled.

Then she glanced at Jiyoong. "I'm just grateful that you've changed. I like it. Yes we can be friends. I already forget what happen in the past. There's no use to remembered of it." she continued.

"Thank you. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. You're the kindest girl ever." Jiyoong was grateful that Taeyeon can forgave him. He sighed in relief.

Taeyeon just smiled. "What about your life now? Are you married? With who? Baekhyun?" Jiyoong started joking.

Taeyeon's smile faded. And Jiyoong noticed that. "Why?" he quickly asked. Taeyeon smiled again and shakes her head. "Nothing."

Then she let out a small breath. "I'm not married yet." she replied. Jiyoong giggled and said, "Then? Still in relationship?" he asked again. Taeyeon shakes her head again.

"Then? Single?"

She nodded.

"How about Baekhyun? Is he fine?"

Taeyeon stared at Jiyoong before she throw her look away. "He—" Already gone, Jiyoong-ah. Jiyoong raised one of his eyebrow.

"Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon bit her lower lip. "Already gone." she mumbled. But still Jiyoong can hear her.

"What?" Jiyoong didn't understand.

"He's..already gone. He's died...four years ago. Plane crash." Taeyeon looked down.

Jiyoong's jaw dropped slightly. He widened his eyes. "Dead? Why don't I know?" he scooped up his face. Taeyeon faked her smile.

"Cause you moved away  before the news of Baekhyun’s death was known." Taeyeon answered.

Jiyoong shook his head. "Oh my gosh.. I don't even know! I'm sorry to hear that. I just mentioned his name in front of you just now.." he looked at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon laughed slightly. "No it's okay." she tried to hold her tears from coming out. Taeyeon sighed again and again. "I didn't have any chance to meet him and say sorry." she faked her laugh again.

Jiyoong looked at her sadly. "We..had a fight before that incident. I misunderstood him. Without hearing his explanation first, I continued to scold him and left. And my friends explained everything on the day Baekhyun left. Then we got the news that the plane that Baekhyun was on crashed and he...died." said Taeyeon with a sad smile.

"That was my..biggest regret. And now I lost him." she added while chuckled sadly. She tried hardly to hold the tears.

She shook her head while looking down. "But like Kris said.. This is destiny. Life must go on. I have to accept this." she shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Jiyoong can't say anything else. Both of them stay silent for a while. Taeyeon then faked a laugh to cheer the situation up.

"Well let's forget about that. So how's your life?" it was her turn to ask.

Jiyoong smiled. "Nothing special." he answered shortly.

The two then chatted together for a while. Now they have become friends. After chatting for almost ten minutes, Jiyoong finally told her that he have to go home because he has some business.

Taeyeon just looked at Jiyoong who went away. After Jiyoong left, she looked ahead. She then let out a deep breath.

"I miss you."

To be continued