09 : falling for his lies

:: 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮 ::

:: 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮 ::

"why are you drinking so much? don't you have work tomorrow?" the blonde inquired, body tilted forward with elbows propped on the bar counter, facing jungkook with his chin on his palms, watching the male almost choking on the strong alcohol.

the faded green haired man swallowed the liquid vigorously while squeeze shutting his eyes, making a loud noise with his lips.

"fuck that shitty job. i resigned... maybe" he tipsily let out, not an ounce bit of drunk still acting like he is.

"what?" the purple haired male asked this time, visible confusion on his face as he fixed his gaze from the drink to jungkook.

"joon, tell me one thing" jungkook twirls the drink in his hand before swiftly shifting his gaze to the dimple guy from his drink. "you know who's kim taehyung, right?" namjoon enlarged his eyes at the question, lips in a thin line as he looked ahead, fiddling with his long svelte fingers.

"so you do" the faded green haired male chuckled, bitterly.

"i-"

"you also knew he was the very man i was looking for so many fucking days. vante."

"what the fuck? kim taehyung, the next ceo of kim corporation is vante?! the guy who raced with you that night and wo-"

"jimin" jungkook hated to be reminded of the fact that he indeed lost to someone, it not only hurt his pride but triggers memories the lad rather would not want to reminisce of. and jimin got the gist as he mumbled a sorry and continued drinking while just listening to the conversation.

"i'm sorry kook. i should have told you before but..."

"but what?" jungkook kept his anger in and glared at the purple haired male who sighed, guilty of the betrayal he did to jungkook. it wasn't exactly a betrayal but to him, it felt like one.

"kim taehyung is my friend, you can say we grew up together and our families are also very close. . . taehyung told me not to tell you anything about his identity, that's why even when you two were looking everywhere for him i stayed mum"

"you still could have told me who he was when you offered me that fucking job- why did you recommend me that shitty place anyway?! did you purposely want to humiliate me?"

"no" namjoon defended almost instantly, a hint of desperation in his eyes. he really didn't want to face this situation however he was sure he would one day. "you needed a job and taehyung was looking for a driver... i thought since you wanted to find him so bad, i might help you in that way. maybe you two might get along as well-"

"dude do you really have an IQ of 148?" jimin interferes, giving a 'i can't believe you can be so fucking dumb, dumber than dora the explorer' look towards the purple haired male.