36 : stay alive

:: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟑𝟔 ::

:: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟑𝟔 ::

love is bullshit.

if it came at the price of taking one's life then it is utter bullshit.

and never for once, love proved jungkook wrong that it wasn't a load of crap, that it would not cost him the one he loves. it did once and it seems to do it again.

as taehyung's bike went crashing against the rough road with a screeching sound after colliding with a car jungkook didn't even realize was there until it all happened. his hands went numb as they fell from the handler and he got down from his bike, feet frozen where they were rooted. far from taehyung's now bloodied body.

however, at that moment, jungkook's eyes caught sight of taehyung wriggling underneath the weighty motorbike that had toppled onto his leg. taehyung's hands flailed about and as jungkook rushed towards him, an overwhelming sense of despair washed over him, making it feel like the apocalypse was upon them. each stride he took was accompanied by his heart pounding fiercely within his chest, confined like a trapped animal. once he reached taehyung's side, he didn't even spare a single glance at the man. instead, with every ounce of strength he possessed, he seized the bike and forcefully lifted it, causing taehyung to let out a piercing scream of agony as the oppressive weight was finally lifted off his leg.

jungkook's gaze was immediately drawn to taehyung's leg and the sight of the exposed wounded skin and protruding bones as blood was flowing profusely from the wound sent a chill down his spine and his face grew pale as the realization of the severity of the injury sunk in.

jungkook was unsure if he voluntarily knelt down or if his legs simply gave out on him upon witnessing the horrifying sight of taehyung's lower body. nevertheless, he placed taehyung's head in his lap and tenderly caressed his face to keep him awake.

"he-hey tae. . . please don't c-close your eyes alright? you'll be f-fine so please don't close your eyes"

as taehyung's father looked at the scene in front of his blurry eyes caused by alcohol, he was abruptly brought back to reality. becoming completely sober he got out of the car slowly and stepped forward before his gaze landed on taehyung, his own son whom he had hit with his car.

the sight of his own son's blood pooling around him caused the man to lose all feeling, leaving him motionless as he watched jungkook's desperate efforts to keep taehyung conscious.

he just watched.

"h-hey! tae!" jungkook didn't know what to do. taehyung's eyes were opened but again it seemed as though he was sleeping with his eyes opened. he didn't respond or do something to assure jungkook he was fine which he obviously wasn't.

jungkook then looked around before his eyes went up on the man standing in front of him. his eyes slightly twitching seeing the old man.

honestly, there was so much both jungkook and the old man wanted to say to each other. but they knew it wasn't the time as jungkook shouted, tears cascading through his reddened eyes.