38 : die for you

:: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟑𝟖 ::

:: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟑𝟖 ::

jungkook thought he was invincible. losing seonghan had been a brutal storm, but he'd weathered it. he thought nothing could break him now, not even the guilt that gnawed at him like a hungry rat.

he was so so wrong.

a leaden weight settled in jungkook's chest, squeezing the air out of his lungs. his eyes, heavy and swollen from two days of unrelenting tears, blurred the world around him. his legs mirrors of his heart refused to cooperate, each step an agonizing effort. yet despite the pain, he ran. he ran with a desperate urgency, lungs burning for oxygen, legs screaming in protest.  ignoring the elevator, deeming it too slow, he took the stairs, two at a time, fueled by a primal fear of being late. he didn't stop until he came to the bottom floor of the hospital.

jimin's those words.

his mother.

jungkook wanted to just disappear. one more bad news and he will lose his goddamn mind.

he got on jimin's bike and started the engine, rushing to the hospital his mother was in. he forgot to wear a helmet and broke traffic rules but he didn't stop when the traffic police told him to, he sped up and didn't care if he got into an accident.

he just wants to see his mother fine.

reaching the hospital, jungkook almost tripped and fell while getting off the bike but that didn't stop him as he took the stairs once again and ran upstairs, bumping into a few nurses and people but didn't even care to slow down or apologize.

his feet only halted in front of the room where his mother was. his hands trembled when he held the doorknob, twisting it before opening it. his chest tightened when he closed his eyes and entered the room.

but the tightness around his heart unclenched when he heard that sweet voice he adored the most in the world.

"ggukie?"

jungkook's reddened eyes snapped open as he stared ahead at the person lying on the bed, eyes on him.

his lips trembled, "mom?"

his mother smiled weakly, "where were you?"

and in that moment, jungkook forgot about taehyung, forgot about all that happened as his eyes widened and tears rolled down hungrily yet again. stepping closer to his mother who looked at him affectionately, like those days when he would be awakened from sleep when his mother would kiss his forehead and stroke his head, telling him to wake up and when he would open his eyes to find his mother smiling at him affectionately just like now.

his mother was alive. fine. awake.

jungkook let out a childlike cry and ran to her, hugging the weak woman tightly. "mom!"