28 : egoistic king

:: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐𝟖 ::

:: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐𝟖 ::

when jungkook received that single text that said "can we talk," it was enough to snap something inside him. it made him angry, so angry that he almost crushed the phone between his fingers.

however, the anger he felt when he saw taehyung on his maroon red bike, eventually stopping in front of him, transformed all the anger into something so ugly and terrible that jungkook feared he might end up killing the raven head.

but he knows, that just might be too easy on taehyung and too messy on his side.

once taehyung dismounted from his bike and approached the faded green-haired male, who was leaning against the wall, he felt a sense of nervousness. it was unbelievable that jungkook was already causing him to feel this way, since he had never previously contemplated the younger boy in such depth. alternatively, he might have been struggling to come to terms with the fact that jungkook truly was the intimidating figure he had been cautious of all along.

but now seeing that fierce look in his doe-like eyes made the feeling stronger to the point taehyung acknowledged it. however, it wasn't enough to make taehyung show it on his face. the nervousness was subtle in his heart and that's all. he wasn't going to bow down before jungkook, never.

taehyung stood in front of jungkook who kept his back leaning against the wall and look at him blankly as if they hadn't just kissed and fucked before. it was taehyung who decided to break the silence because he has always been the one to act rationally - ironic isn't it?

"jeon"

jungkook tilted his head once hearing his name but said nothing more. he wanted to see just what taehyung had to say to him. considering the raven head was the one to end things between them. it was funny since taehyung didn't want to do anything with him anymore, so it made jungkook curious about just what on earth taehyung really wanted to say to him now after all that.

"back then. . . i—" taehyung suddenly fell silent. thinking why he was really here, speaking to jungkook again without any words on the tip of his tongue. what the hell was he even doing here in front of jungkook?

a scoff came from jungkook making taehyung alerted all of a sudden. now that jungkook was actually responding, it made all this clear. taehyung was really talking to jeon jungkook.

"what? what the fuck do you want to say kim?"

now hearing the question verbally made taehyung realize his situation. he had something to say to jungkook, but he doesn't know what.

a few hours ago, he lay on his bed with numerous thoughts clouding his mind and a great deal of uncertainty about the actions he had taken. from ending things with jungkook, to succumbing to his father's demands for a small amount of freedom, to revealing his vulnerability to jungkook and ultimately engaging in a kiss with that very jeon jungkook — taehyung couldn't help but wonder what on earth he had done.