chap 43 she is my Pride!

Adhya POV

My sleep got disturbed when my throat become dry due to lack of moistness.  It is due to medicines i guess.  I woke up and lift the jar to pour water  from it. But it was empty.
I then lead my way to kitchen.
I remembered the day. It was really a pleasant surprise for me to see Alice Jack and Aman.
I felt really bad for Alice and for the first time for Arun also. He looked devestated.
I didn't see Advitya after Alice left. May be he is worried about Arun.
I then placed the glass in sink. As i lead my way to my room i saw garden door is opened. I walk toward the area. As i was about to close the door i saw Advitya sitting on chair.
I checked the time, it's 1 am..
He didn't sleep?. Is he regretting his mistake this much? I slowly went towards where he was sitting. I sat on another chair. He was still unaware that i am here.

"Is everything fine"? I asked.
He jerked and looked at me in surprise.
"What happened? Why are you awake.? Do you need anything"? He asked nervously.

"No.. i am fine. I just wanted to drink water". I replied.
He looked satisfied with my answer.

Then looked away and started gazing where he was gazing earlier.

"Was Jack used to pick you up when you work in that bar". He asked without looking back at me.

I was really amazed with his question. How did he know Jack?

"Yes" .. but how did you know". I said

"I saw you once with him"
He said..

I couldn't able to contemplate to what to say.
I paused a little..
"He is like my broth"...... i want to say he was my brother but Advitya interjected.
"I Know! i know!.. don't explain".. he sounded defeated.

I know he is guilty.

"Umm. How is Arun"? I asked.
He looked at me.

I saw him fisting in anger. "You want to ask about the person who did only wrong with you!" He asked.

I didn't answer.
He laughed weakly.

"I don't know about him". He answered.

"And i don't want to hear his name." He inflate his nose in anger while releasing his  breath.

We remained seated in silence.
I then got up to leave when i felt tug in my wrist. He stopped me.

"Wait Adhya! Please". He said

I turned around.

He grabbed and lifted my wrists softly towards his chest.
His head was hanging low.

"I don't know why i didn't believe you. It is just i rejected my own intuition". He closed his eyes tightly while saying all this.
I was watching his face without blinking. Trying to read his emotions.
"I.. c.can be a better person, if" ( he paused) .. "if you give me a chance." Then he lifted his hands towards my face and cupped my face.
"Will you give me a second chance! And i promise I won't disappoint this time.. i" .. suddenly his mobile rings.

Our sweet moment got broken. Advitya picked up the call.
"Hello."
"Jai hind sir!"
"I am in garden. Yes. She is with me"..

I think it's Sarin sir call.

"Ok i have put the call on loudspeaker". Advitya replied.

"The evidences you provided adhya were so useful. The dna prints matched one of the sample. And it's from the office. The person we are looking is the person who has visited Siddiquis office." Sarin said.

We widened our eyes in surprise.
We looked it each other in amazement.
"That means it's one of them. Culprit is one of the family member of Siddiquis". Advitya asked.

"i can't say that now, but It's not jahangir and his son". Sarin said.

"But how can it be possible. If they are not the culprit then whose samples have matched". Advitya asked.

"Advitya this person can be anyone who visited their office in recent times. Jahangir's family knows that person". Sarin said.

"That means we have to find out who has got access of Siddiquis office. Who visited them in recent times." Advitya asked.

"Yes . And well done Adhya. This critical information has made our work Little easy and we are much closer to our mission culmination."
Sarin said..

"Thank you sir"! I replied.

"Ok ! You two now can sleep. And from tomorrow onwards keep a close watch on jahangir house. Adhya you know what to do!" Sarin said..
"Yes sir!" We both said in unison.
"Jai hind!"
"Jai hind!" We replied.

Then we hung the call.

"This is brilliant! Now we have to find out who is the culprit." He smiled his eyes were shining.
"But hey, how you know DNA sampling and fingerprinting. I never have taught you this.". Advitya asked.
I remained silent for a while.

"Before joining the mission, i was research associate in Cramlin university, London. I have done MSc in forensic science". I replied.

"Oh .. Ok ! He replied and looked away while smiling . Then he looked back me again with surprise.

"!!What MSc in Forensic science!!!" He almost shouted ..
I saw his mouth was wide open.

"Yes". i smiled on his reaction.

"Wow!! You are much educated than me. But Why didn't you tell me before". He asked..

"Umm.. Because you never asked. You thought me as some cheap gi"..before i completed he put his index finger on my mouth.

"Never call yourself as cheap Adhya.. I am sorry ! I regret what i thought about you. Please. You are a beautiful person. I never have met any person like you before". He hung his head down.
"B..but I want to know you more. Will you be my friend," he then extend his hand for a handshake.

I hesitated then extend my hand.
We shook hands. He smiled.

"Alright officer Adhya! We are one team and its mission possible "!! He said.
"Ok sir! I replied

"Sir?" He asked
"What else then"! I asked.

"It's Advitya" ! He said

I widened my eyes in surprise.

"A..advitya sir"! I replied.

"No .. Only Advitya." He said.

"O..o.ok  Advitya".. i replied.

Then we laughed. And retired to our respective rooms.

Advitya POV.

I lied on the bed while thinking about her. She must be slept by now. I smiled. She is cute and so shy. And she has done MSc in Forensic science. Wow! My heart filled with pride. Afterall She is my wife.
Ya same wife you least cared. My mind mocked.

This is not true, i always cared for her even in adversity. but i won't repeat this mistake again. I am regretting every day. I shut my mind with the thought.

We are now friends and i told her we are one team. And this is mission possible.
With mission possible you meant not just Mission but you two also. My inner voice joked.
I smiled. This is true. Am i falling for my wife. ? I smiled on this beautiful feeling.
But why sarin sir never told me about her qualification! I will ask him when I get chance. I decided and slipped into deep slumber.

**********************************
Short but useful chapter. So they are  nearing to mission accomplishment. Whom do you think is the culprit they are searching 🧐🤔

And Advitya has fallen for Adhya.. ❤️
Reviews are always welcome!🤗