New Town new people: Chapter one

As the sun started to rise luz rubbed her eyes from being so tired on her long walk after she left her home, she couldn't take it anymore dealing with her father he was always putting her down and sending her to reality check camps to get her 'fixed' since to him she wasn't normal and considering she wasn't his own it made her wonder why even bother to keep her with him.

He never cared or listened to her never wanted anything to do with his child luz's mom had been forced to leave their family she couldn't take luz with her in fear he would make her daughters life a living hell, not like he already hasn't
He wasn't the kind to let go of things so easily especially since now him and her mother are in a fight over who got custody of her and which he kept secret from luz she walked over a hill and over a bridge it was quiet the water was crystal blue with small leafs in floating with fish in swimming around as people threw in fish flakes or bread crumbs the sky was clear and only seeing the trees cover most parts of the sky all she could mostly hear are birds chirping people talking in the background which was a bit different since its so early in the morning to see people out already starting their day.

She already liked wherever she was it was peaceful and quiet, the latinas feet started to hurt so she sat on the next bench she saw luz checked the time [ 6:26 am ] 'did I really walk for that long? No wonder my feet are killing me!' She groaned and sat there for half an hour checking her Surroundings she spotted a oak tree stood up and walked up to it 'I wanna climb it' luz began climbing up the tree already reaching a few branches and went up higher she looked around to see how far up she went the teen stayed in the tree observing everything else going on around her she liked observing things seeing movements changes difference.

After leaving she found out she was in a local park which she could find somewhere to rest first before she could figure things out for herself as for it was the first time she had been out in public, She didn't want to draw any attention to herself in any way and chose to keep it that way luz continued to wonder around looking at new things and exploring different parks she found till she bumped into someone "watch where you're going!"
The teen froze and backed up "I'm sorry it won't happen again!" She looked up at the lady, the woman had grey and white hair with yellow eyes red lips she wore a red dress with a pair of reading glasses after the lady had a look at the teen she didn't care to much "no need to afraid kid where are your parents?" Luz gulped "uh..they..are" she paused trying to find a excuse but the woman could already see it in her eyes that it was another story 'she looks exhausted? Who lets their kids walk around looking beat up?' "I am Eda what is your name?" "Luz" "nice to meet you luz" eda paid attention more to her clothes which had holes and rips the latinas hair was messy she was to skinny '..a child shouldn't be looking like this' "you ran away?" Luz's eyes where wide open "please don't have me go back!" "Kid kid relax i ain't no snitch" luz felt embarrassed that she freaked out in front of some stranger "so luz have you eaten today?" "Uh..not yet" "lets go get something to eat!" "But" "I insist" the women made sure she wouldn't make the teen uncomfortable but to understand she only wants to help which was a clear message so the Latina then agreed and left with Eda they both enter a small restaurant and stood in front of the counter as a man walked in he took their orders and had them sit at a table to wait.

After a few seconds a girl around the same age as luz walked up to them to greet them "hi I'm willow ive never seen you around here" "oh I'm luz nice to meet you" the other girl had dark grey hair with emerald eyes had on glasses with a simple yellow and orange dress (Sorry I I get the description wrong) "you new around here luz?" "Yeah I am" "oh well welcome luz" "thanks I really like your dress" "aw thanks" "hey will" "hi Eda is she your niece?" "Oh shes a friend of mine shes going to be staying with me" "oh will I be seeing her at the school?" Eda looked at luz
Luz was fine with going into another school she just wasn't expecting it all to happen in one day "yeah you can give her a tour" "I'd love to" luz and willow wrapped up the conversation till she left luz and eda had their breakfast and left, eda showed luz around the house after showing the bedroom luz stood by the door frame "you can stay here for as long as you like" "really?" "Yeah" luz then began crying the woman didn't know what to do the girl ran up and hugged her tight 'a arm thing?" "Alright kid there's no need to cry" "and we need to get you cleaned up and out those clothes"