Chapter 6 - Planning against the Fate

======

"Sir Joestar... I wish to make a request if possible." Dio said with a mix of nervousness and determination as he stood before George, who was doing some paperwork.

George, with a surprised face and with a small smile asked, "Sure, Dio. Please tell me your request."

With a nervous face, Dio showed a complicated face as he replied, "Sir Joestar, I would like to try to find an object that is very dear to me... I would like to request permission to request leave to try to find it in a place I'm sure that it would be located. It is very dear to me and it was likely stolen without my knowledge before I left my house."

He tried his best to sound mysterious as if trying his best to not point out the thing he was searching for directly. And as expected, George frowned a little and in curiosity asked, "What kind of object can give you so much distress, Dio? Is it something I can buy anew for you?"

With a frown and grim face, Dio replied, "It... was my mother's wedding dress, sir Joestar." He replied with a little sadness. This gained a grim look on George's face as this brought a memory back to him... the memory of his wife.

He understood how grim this topic was. How dreadful it would be for a child to lose the last memory of his dear ones.
With a little pity and sympathy on his face, he said, "I see... Do you want me to ask the police to ask search for it? It would take a long time finding it without any information for where to look for it."

With a determination and a little impatient voice he replied, "Lord Joestar, I wish to search for it in a possible location that is known to buy and sell robbed goods. If it isn't too much to ask, please give me the liberty to seek it out personally, Sir Joestar."

When George heard Dio's reply, he frowned and pointed out his concern. "It would be very dangerous for you to go alone, Dio. I'm sure that the area you used to live in is filled with a lot of crime. What if you were hurt?"

With a really impatient Dio replied, "Please Sir Joestar, I understand that that place is very harsh and filled with crime but I've spent all my life in that place. I know how to avoid all the trouble... please grant me the permission." He had grown really impatient. Although he was showing a stubborn face outside, he was frowning a lot in his mind. 'Why doesn't this old geezer just give me the permission. Asking so many fukin questions and wasting my time.'

George felt unease but looking at the impatient stubborn child, he felt a little tangled, and after a few moments of thinking, he signed and said, "I see... I will have a carriage prepared for you. Also, I have prepared some money that you can take to get the dress back. I hope you return within a few hours' time after you left."

With a little relieved face, Dio smiled and signed. He thanked George, "Thank you a lot, Sir Joestar, for giving me the permission." He was feeling a little stiff because he was not used to acting. 'looks like I will have '

------

After boarding the cartridge, DIO left for Ogre Street or more specifically Wang Chan's shop. Wang Chan owned a fortune-telling store in the Ogre Street. Although he was a greedy person who sold the poison to DIO out of fun at the start, he was fascinated by DIO's nature and became a faithful follower of DIO soon.

Currently, Dio did not completely believe in the loyalty of Wang Chan. It was in the future when DIO converted him into a zombie, he became very faithful to DIO.

-------

Entering the rundown shop, Dio calmly examined the interior of the shop. The interior of the shop was covered in darkness and the only sense of sight was the candles burning. The floor was made up of clean wooden planks. The floor was as good as new. There was a silky cloth laid on the ground, giving the shop a mysterious feeling.

Then Dio's eyes fell on Wang Chan, who had his eyes closed. He was standing in front of the table on which the fortune-telling ball was placed.

Wang Chan is a short, scrawny, elderly Chinese man. His hair is spiky and firmly stands upwards. Along with a prominent widow's peak, he has very long eyebrows, a small mole under his right eye, and a Fu Manchu mustache.

 Along with a prominent widow's peak, he has very long eyebrows, a small mole under his right eye, and a Fu Manchu mustache

Walking calmly toward Wang Chan, Dio sat in front of the chair placed there as Wang Chan suddenly opened his sharp eyes and with mysterious style, he asked, "What do you need now, my dear customer? Is it the same poison that you bought previously...

Walking calmly toward Wang Chan, Dio sat in front of the chair placed there as Wang Chan suddenly opened his sharp eyes and with mysterious style, he asked, "What do you need now, my dear customer? Is it the same poison that you bought previously?"

Dio stayed silent for a second as he tapped his fingers against the rest of the chair, making a rhythmic sound. With each tap of his finger, it was if the atmosphere was affecting him, his body gave off the aura of oppression.

  ゴ
    ゴ
      ゴ

Wang Chan, as if feeling the atmosphere, becomes serious unknowingly. 'What is this aura!? It's as if I'm in front of some god! His aura is as if he is looking down on an ant.' He had a little frown but before he could speak, Dio interrupted him.

"Wang Chan, let me ask, what do you think of fate? Was it destiny or Fate that we met?"

Listening to Dio, Wang Chan was stunned but quickly replied with a small smile, "Fate is where things are predetermined and it doesn't matter what you do in life, because you will never be able to change your ending. It is predestined to happen and will happen."

Dio smiled a little and said, "Oh! Brilliant description. So tell me, Wang Chan, what do you see in my destiny?" With a smirk, he asked.

Wang Chan just smiled professionally and put his hand on the fortune-telling ball and said some things in an unknown language a few times as the ball shore a little as I became a little foggy.

Both of them waited for a few seconds until Wang Chan suddenly became astonished as his eyes became red and he started to bleed a little from his nose. Just the next second the fortune-telling ball suddenly blew up.

*BOOM*

Dio just closed his eyes and put his hands in front of his face, avoiding all the fragments of the glass ball that can harm his face.

On the other hand, Wang Chan stayed stunned in his face, confused as if processing what had happened as goosebumps grew over his body. Dio just observed him, waiting for him to say something. Although he himself was a little astonished by the development, he acted calmly.

Just a little wrong action might ruin his image and plans.
The whole room was silent and the only source of the noise was the flickering of the candle and the heavy breathing of Wang Chan.

After a few seconds, Wang Chan looked suddenly to Dio with wide eyes and with a wave of his hand, threw the table to the side of the room. Dio didn't flinch at this as he already knew that Wang Chan was strong. On the other hand, Wang Chan stiffly walked to Dio. As he walked, his steps made creaking noises against the wooden floor, making the atmosphere tense.

  ゴ
      ゴ
        ゴ

As Wang Chan reached just a few steps away from Dio, he suddenly fell down on the floor and kneeled. "DIO-SAMA! P-Please accept m-my loyalty. P-Please make me your servant!" With a trembling voice, he put forward his request as he banged his head on the floor and make a small dent on the wooden floor.

Dio just looked at Wang Chan calmy. Although he was a little surprised with the sudden development, he calmy looked down on Wang Chan and started to tap his fingers against the hand rest of the chair.

"Will you really be loyal to me?"

His action made sweat start to form all over Wang Chan's body as he trembled in fear as he said out loud. "YES! DIO-SAMA! I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THAT I WILL STAY LOYAL TO YOU"

Dio frowned a little as Wang Chan said it very loudly. It hurt his ears a little but after signing internally, he stood up and looked down on Wnag Chan as he said, "Fine! You can follow me as a servant but remember, if you tried to betray me, even death will be small punishment to you."

"Y-Yes! Dio-Sama! I will never betray you! Not even in my dreams."

Dio smiled as he looked at Wang Chan and said, "Good. Now I have some work for my loyal servant...."

==============

This chapter might be the last chapter this month. Have a very tight schedule.

It will be appreciated if you guys write a comment or write a review. Thank you~
-SR_2027