Chapter 9 - Would you like to work for me?

With quick action, Dio quickly swiped his legs on legs on the ground while lowering his body, trying to make the monkey-faced Speedwagon's friend fall. Let's name him Mob A.

Mob A was astonished, he was too fast in his face and now had two options: first to jump and attack Dio from above, and second, to fall into Dio's trap. He could only choose the second option because if he tried to go for the first, the Speedwagon's bladed hat will come toward him and seriously hurt him. Although there are good chances of that not happening, he did not have much confidence in that.

With that, he could only fall to the ground by Dio's actions.
On the other hand, Speedwagon quickly adjusted his position and quickly sent a kick toward Dio's face with great momentum.

If it was a normal untrained person, he might have lost a few teeth or even his jaw might have been broken, but Dio wasn't some normal person.

While blocking Speedwagon's kick with his wrist, he used the momentum of Speedwagon's kick to quickly get out of his position with a slide on the ground.

Just as he got out of his position, Speedwagon's Bladed hat quickly came flying down on his position, as it got stuck deeply onto the ground.

Speedwagon quickly took the hat from the ground and flung it toward Dio and quickly rushed toward him. Dio also quickly stood up and rushed toward Speedwagon.

"Muda. The same trick will not work every time."

With a little tilt of his body, Dio dodged the hat and similarly, he dodged Speedwagon's punch while also lifting his leg, sending his kick onto Speedwagon's stomach.

With swift action, Speedwagon was not able to dodge the kick got hit by Dio's kick and rolled on the ground as he started to feel dizzy because of the pain. Due to the kick, he vomited, clearing out his stomach.

The hat also came making a parabola, but this time, there was not much accuracy, so it imbedded itself just a few meters of a distance from Speedwagon's position.

On the other hand Mob A had collected himself and was about to hurt Dio, but looking at Speedwagon's situation, he could only curse, "Shit!" as he quickly took his knife and quickly rushed to help Speedwagon.

Dio just looked at him and sent a punch in his stomach, making him cough loudly and almost faint due to the pain.

Looking at their situation Speedwagon hatefully looked at Dio, "Curse you, you damned brat! You are the evilest person that I have ever seen! You might have broken a few bones in my body!"

Dio just frowned at him and with an amused expression, he said, "Evil? hahaha! You call me Evil?"

With a disdainful expression, he asked, "What is Evil? It is just a matter of perspectives. For you, I may be evil, but for me, who haven't done anything to you guys, are evil as you rushed at me with the intentions of hurting me. If you are ready to hurt others, you must be ready to be hurt yourself."

"And let me ask, you attacked me in the name of 'Justice', right? Let me ask, if I haven't taken action, you would have seriously hurt me and I might have even died. People like you, who act as 'Good Guys', who shout of 'JUSTICE' are the most hypocritic. Hurting and killing people in the name of 'Justice' just to get the fake greatness for yourself!"

"Tell me, what are your thoughts on this? This is a world of jungle. It's eating or being eaten in this cruel world. There is no justice and never will be. Now let me ask again, who is evil now?"

With cold eyes, Dio narrowed his eyes as he asked stunned Speedwagon.

"T-That..."

As if he was a fish, Speedwagon opened and closed his mouth. First time in his life, he was in a great dilemma.

As a person who has experienced the cruelty of life, he knew for the better that what Dio had said, was the truth. He had tried his best to be a good person, but his belief had been conflicted as he experienced life on Ogre street.
He had tried his best to be a good guy, but as if the reality was slapping him, he had to take part in several crimes to survive.

Knowing that he has the right chance, Dio hmphed and said, "Your eyes, I have seen these eyes who have experienced the bitter reality but are still trying to fight against it. I admire such eyes who have not accepted fate and are trying to fight against it. I feel that you have a great destiny ahead!"

With that, Dio extended his hand to Speedwagon. With his position, the Moon was just behind his head, giving Dio a huge charm. It was as if the moon was forming a halo behind Dio, as if saying that Dio was a God. This enhanced as Dio's face was covered in darkness because of his position.

"Let me propose, would you like to work for me?"

Speedwagon was astonished. It was as if he has seen the most beautiful thing in his life.

Goosebumps formed all over his body and he extended his trembling hand toward Dio's extended hand and grasped it.
It was as if Speedwagon found a goal in his life, it was as if he found a purpose in his life, that is, to serve the blonde man who made him realize that not everything is as bad as he was thinking.

He could only hope that if he agreed to work for this Blonde man, he would not have to see anything cruel. For the first time, he thought that he might as well try to ignore his instincts and try working for the 'Evil Guy' that he once tried to hurt.

With that he stood up with the support of Dio and with a firm gaze, he said, "I would like to accept the proposal... but I have a few conditions..." Although Speedwagon was trying to act strong, he knew himself better, that he was nervous deep inside.

Dio just nodded at him expressionlessly and said, "Go ahead, as long as it is not something outrageous, I will agree to it."

With a sigh of relief, Speedwagon said, "My only wish is that I will not be forced to do anything without my will and I can leave anytime I want. I hate people who are evil and do cruel things, so I will not work for you if you were hurting the innocent."

Dio just thought for a while and nodded at him.

"Ok, I agree. I don't like to force anyone to work for me."

'Because those who rejected me can only either be hypnotized or be wiped out from this world'
Unlike the original Dio of Part-1, he is not cruel.

This doesn't mean that he might hesitate to resort to evil methods. As long as he is accomplishing his goal, he will do anything. As long as he has to reach the top and become the strongest, he will do anything, even if it is to resort to doing cruel and gruesome means.

{A/N: This might seem a little force. I felt a little cringed writing this. Tell me about how this situation was. o_o}