Chapter 25

I didn't know how I got home, I just knew I entered my car and drove home. I parked my car and walked inside my house. Sandro is sprawled on the couch watching football on the tv. I sat on the remaining space on the couch.

"Welcome home Bella" he stood up and placed a kiss on my forehead.

I just gave him a tight lipped smile and didn't say anything, I guess he figured something is wrong but he didn't push me to talk, which I'm grateful for. I don't know where to start from. How will I tell him all Stephen told me? Well, it's now or never.

"Sandro" I muttered .

"Yes Bella" he answered.

"I want to tell you something and I don't want you to interrupt me. Just listen to me until I finish" I said

He looked at me for a while before answering with a "Yes"

"I was at Stephen's place earlier. I went there to end the relationship between us but I was met with another thing entirely." I paused and continued "Stephen killed a man" I murmured.

"When I asked him why he did that, he said the man deserved it and I said no man deserves to die in the hand of another. I wanted to leave but he held on to me tightly, I begged him to let me go but he asked me to listen to what he has to say first and I did, the next thing he said was what I never thought I would hear from him" I said

"What was that?" He questioned

"He said he's in the mafia.... He's the don of the American mafia" I stated

I expected a look of surprise or something on Sandro's face but he doesn't look surprised. He look like he knows something.

"Do you know about this" I asked

"About what?" He questioned back

"About Stephen being in the mafia" I voiced

"Yes" he stated

"Why didn't you tell me?" I quizzed

"Tell you what?" He asked, his eyebrows scrunched

"Stop answering my question with a question" I screamed

"Will you calm the fuck down?" He bellowed. "How do you expect me to tell you that your sweet little boyfriend is the Don of the American mafia? Will you even believe me? You would have thought I only said that because i want you to leave him. I know you won't want to stay with him because that was the same reason why you left me. Would you have believed if I had told you he's dating you to hurt me?"

"To hurt you?" I quizzed "he doesn't even know we dated until I told him. He wouldn't have known about us if I hadn't told him, he said he doesn't even know you. So how is that possible?" I added

"He lied. He knew we dated, how did you think he suddenly appeared in your life? How did you think it was possible he appeared in the same country you relocated to?" He sounded angry

I just sat there looking like an idiot because that's what I am, Stephen played me for a fool and I fell for his lies and his acts.

"But why would he do that?" I quizzed

"The Italian mafia and the American mafia have been rivals for years. The American mafia hates us because we do not support human trafficking which is what they do the most and we make sure to stop them whenever I have an information that they're about to sell women and children. They use women for prostitution and kill anyone that disobey them. They're dangerous, heartless and ruthless. Stephen has a girl that he rents an apartment for and he goes there whenever he likes, to fuck her ruthlessly, he beat her and force her to do drugs. we tried to rescue her once but she said she loves him so much and she can't leave him because she believe he will grow to love her one day. I guess she even told Stephen that we tried to save her because he sent a message and told me to stay away from what is his or else he's going to take away what I love most and I won't be able to do anything and that was what happened when I heard you're now with him. I couldn't do anything, I just looked from afar and suffer in silence" he disclosed.