Chapter 5

Christine grabbed my hand and led me towards a room. The second we got inside, it looks exactly like a room where strippers work with a stripping pole right in the middle of it. Chairs circled around it and the thought of me being up there caused a blushed to form on my cheeks.

"Today, I am going to teach you all the basics. We can practice every single day until you're perfect but mere looking at you, I think you're going to make a fast and excellent learner" she smiled. "So the first thing I'm going to teach you is called "A pirouette" she said. I turned towards her to see that she was already removing her shirt right before standing in her tippy toes a couple inches away from the pile before spinning with her hold still remaining on the metal. Then, she leaned back against it with her foot against her knee. She gave me a curt nod before getting off. I took that as my cue, so I repeated exactly as she did. I had to do it several times to get the hang of it, but once I did it, Sam and Christine were both clapping their hands.

"That was amazing, you're a fast learner" Christine complemented. A smile made its way onto my face as I got off the pole to allow Christine to teach me something else.

Hours dragged on. She had taught me everything I needed to know for my interview tomorrow. Who would have guessed that stripping is a lot harder than it looks? It was absolutely draining as I practiced each move but I loved every bit of it.

"How about doing an assessment before calling it quit?" Christine suggested

"Okay, I'm up for that" I said

"Yaaaaaas, that's my baby" Sam whistled

"Do a chair spin" Christine said. I grabbed onto the pole before spinning my body around all while sitting on air as if I were sitting on a chair. It took a lot of muscle.

"Do the outside step" she said. I planted my foot a centimeter away from the pole, before circling my leg around it and repeating the process.

"Do a back hook spin" Sam shouted. I grabbed into the pole before spinning around and hooking my back right leg around the pole just as my body slid down all while keeping that spin.

"perfezionare!" We are finished, you did well and I'm sure you're going to kill it out there tomorrow. I happily jumped down from the pole and out back on my clothes. I was supposed to go the hospital but I'm too tired, I mustered all the strength left in me to drive to the drive home. There was already electricity by the time I got home. I just went straight to my room and straight to bed.

********
"Where are you going?" My mom asked. I wanted to tell her the truth because I hate lying to her but I knew telling her the truth would break her heart and would cause her to talk me out of it and I need to get this job no matter what. So, I plastered a fake smile on my face as I answered

"I have a job interview today" I told her

"Why are you getting a different job? I thought you liked working at the diner. Or did something happen? Don't tell me you got fired" she said all tensed

"No, I'm still working at the diner. I just want a second job to the able to pay all the bills faster. I want you out of this hospital as fast as I can" I stated honestly

"Oh, my poor baby" she sighed "I'm sorry for putting you through all that at this stage of your life. I'm suppose to be the one fending for you but now it's the other way round. I'm so sorry my princess, I really am" she sobbed