chapter 9

Warning: Sexual content ahead.
*
**
***
****

I walked into the club only to be immediately met with Taj.

"Why are you just coming in? It is past 7pm, why are you late?" she inquired.

"Nothing, just got caught up with something" I said trying to walk past her but she was quick to hold my arm.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"Nothing is wrong Taj, I'm fine" I answered.

"You can't tell me nothing is wrong when your face is saying the exact opposite" she said "you know you can trust me with anything" she added.

"I know but...." I broke down in tears.

"I'm so sorry, you don't have to tell me now. We can talk about it later. Please don't cry" she said while hugging me.

"It's not like that. I want to tell you now, I want to talk about it but I just don't know where to start from" I sobbed.

"You can start anywhere" she encouraged.

So, I did. I told her everything starting from when my dad lost his job and turned to alcohol and drugs instead of looking for another job. I told her how my mom had always been the one catering for our needs up until I started working at the diner and when I found out about my mother's sickness including when Sam told me about this job. I told her everything.

"And I went home from the hospital today only to find out that he sold all the things I got for my mom" I sobbed.

"Wow, that's too much for you. You are going through all that and you still manage to come here, dance and smile as if nothing is wrong" she stated.

"Do I have a choice? I'm doing this for my mom, so I need to give it my all" I said.

"I just knew there was something about you, something that drew me to you the first day I saw you. You are the strongest woman I know, for you to come here and act as if everything is okay. i just want you to know that there is light at the end of every tunnel. The bad days shall end. you've gone too far to give up and about your dad, he needs your help. I know the man you grew to love as your father is somewhere inside that body, you just need to help him and not give up on him, okay?".

"How? how am i supposed to help him?" I quizzed.

"Maybe rehab or something" she suggested.

"Do I even have money for that now? And how am I even sure he's not going to flee" I asked.

"I know it's not going to be easy. Just focus on your mom for now but have it at the back of your mind that as soon as your mom is out of the hospital, you will take him to rehab" she told me.

"Okay, I will. thanks so much Taj, thank you".

"You don't need to thank me. that is what friends are for. If you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me. Now go wash your face, I heard the boss is around he can help you relieve stress, you know" she winks.

"eeew" I fake disgust. Deep down I know that's what I need. I need Sandro to help me ease this pain am going through.

"Did someone just say eeew? tell me you don't like it, tell me you don't want him to help you relieve stress. come on girl, tell me" she teased.

"Okay, maybe i do" I replied blushing.

"I know you do, now go was your face" she said.

I came out of the toilet and was making my way back to the backstage area when I bumped into someone. "I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going" I apologized.