Sleepy Comforts

TW: Mentions of Vomiting, controlling someone.

Little!Dream CG!Nightmare

This is an idea I had, it makes no fucking sense I know-

Dream's life never felt like his, it always felt like undershadowing his older brother's life, his parents just reinforced this.

He was always told that to do, never had his own free will. He was always given a book, a book of instructions. Each day it was there.

An unknown author, never signing it, never leaving a constant anything.

He could just stray from the instructions? No. Wounds, burns, sores, something always appeared.

He sat on the bed in prison, the orange jumpsuit felt overbearing and uncomfortable. His mind was fuzzy, yearning for comfort, for someone.

He laid back, turning to face the lava as it stopped, revealing the seemingly endless space between him and freedom.

Sam came, dropped the raw potatoes and water, left and then the lava was back.

Dream hesitantly moved off the bed and grabbed one of the two potatoes.

It reminded him of Techno's stay. The Piglin was teasing, but he made prison a little bit better. He gave the other a long craved physical touch, he was willing to just let the blond lean against him and sob.

He made it better.

Then he disappeared that day. And he never came back, Quackity came more, but that wasn't anything wanted.

He reluctantly moved back onto the bed, taking small bites of the vegetable.

He git through five or so small bites before he was leaning over the small hole with water and throwing up.

It left him out of breath and the disgusting taste of vomit in his mouth. He couldn't brush his teeth, which made things so much worse.

By the end of it he was small, and he just curled up and cried silently.

He felt sick, his mouth tasted like stomach acid, and yet he still somehow felt hungry. Maybe it wasn't eating for days on end.

He didn't bother, just forcing himself to sleep again. Sleep was his only comfort now, there was nothing or no-one else that would anyways.

Dream found his eyes opening against his will, against every bit of him that wanted to never wake up.

He felt small, of course he felt small, he always did in his sleep. Sleep was his one safe space anymore.

He looked around the room, seeing soft red covers he remembered fondly and another male there, which he recognized as his opposite, nightmare.

Everyone had opposites, just they could only interact with said opposites in their sleep. Hence why Nightmare and Dream had bonded over prison. And when you finally loose your last life, unless you come back as a ghost, you resided there as a phantom.

Nightmare finally took notice of Dream's presence, looking over and smiling some at the toddler minded male. "Hey Dreamy. Feeling small?"

Dream nodded, letting Nightmare pick him up.

Nightmare looked somewhat like Dream. Naturally black hair, naturally red eyes, and always wore a red hoodie with a frown on it. He was also taller.

Nightmare hummed softly, knowing Dream would wake up soon. "Let's get you fed, okay? I can have George make some of his yummy mac n cheese!" he said enthusiastically.

Dream nodded excitedly, grinning. GeorgeWasFound liked cooking a lot, and Dream had tried his Mac N Cheese and it was super yummy!

Nightmare hummed, going downstairs. He went to the kitchen, humming. "George, make Mac N' Cheese."

George was going to retort, before seeing Dream. "Fine. But if you try that again I swear-" idle, joking threats.

He started making Mac N Cheese while Nightmare kept Dream entertained.

Soon enough the food was done and Nightmare fed Dream, before the make disappeared again.

"He's going to be here forever soon.." Pandas commented, blonde hair slightly curly.

Nightmare sighed. "I know.. But he doesn't deserve for here to be his only comfort.."

George and Pandas shared a look, but it was Pandas who spoke.

"Tommy and Sam would like him at least."

And he was right, Tiredsamdude and TommyOutIt would love him. They'd meet him soon.

Just not as alive..