Chapter X

Tegan

I'd spent the whole night with Ellis and Annabeth strategizing on how we could finally turn the tables on Joseph. We'd finally reached an agreement, and hopefully with this plan we could finally find out what he was hiding and how he was always two steps ahead.

And now..for my favorite part.

EVERYBODY UP! I shouted telepathically. UP. UP. UP! I CAN'T SIT DOWN HERE ANY LONGER, OR I'LL GET UP TO NO GOOD. YOUR CALL. I CAN'T BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL THIS FREEDOM TO SCHEME. IT'S ON Y'ALL NOW.

Annabeth snorted. "You have quite the way of waking everyone up," she told me.

"I know," I winked at her. "But it always works."

A few minutes later, everyone settled down.

"A'ight, Queen of Darkness, we're all here. What's up?" Easton asked.

Royce chuckled. "Actually, we're not all here."

"You're right," Annabeth agreed.

Piper sat up straight. "Who's missing?"

I knew who it was before they even said it.

"I am here, you know," my soulmate grumbled from the kitchen. "I was actually here first."

Tennessee stumbled in with a steaming mug in hand, and hair sticking out in every which way. Dark spots encircled his eyes. Despite being the first one downstairs, he was the last to join us. And he was shirtless. Typical Tenn.

"...feels like old times, doesn't it, guys?" Royce was giggling.

Kessler laughed and shook his head. "Nice to see that some things don't change, son."

"What the Hades is happening right now?" Jackson and Percy said in unison.

Everyone was laughing as Braison explained the situation to the demigods and some of the newer Coven members, all while Tenn was glaring at them menacingly.

"I was not mobbed on my way here." Tenn scowled at Braison's smile.

Royce rolled his sapphire eyes. "As if any human or witch would have the guts to even pickpocket you."

After that, Ellis walked in, and we all settled down for real this time.

Before I could say anything, Bettina spoke up. "Tegan. I know that face. You're up to something." My best friend really knew me too well.

Tenn sighed and sat down beside her. "I better sit down for this."

Leo raised his eyebrows. "Well, if the mighty Emperor has to sit down for this, might as well follow his lead!" He said cheerfully, plopping down onto Tenn's lap.

The room fell dead silent. Tenn's mismatched eyes stared right into Leo's brown. Both surprise and confusion were etched on his face. Percy, Easton, Royce, Bettina, and Henley looked ready to burst from laughter, while everyone else either stared in shock, or had smug grins on their faces.

The awkward silence continued, and I could feel a smirk of my own spreading across my face. Tenn opened his mouth to say something, but shut it. Leo arched an eyebrow. I could tell he was fighting the urge to laugh.

Tenn frowned slightly. "Can I... help you?"

Leo grinned impishly. "That depends on whether I can keep sitting on your lap or not."

Bettina snorted, and I decided to step in. "That would be a no." I said swiftly, wiggling my fingers to let the rainbow magic flow from them, gently lifting Leo into the air; then setting him down on a nearby armchair.