Chapter XIII

Percy

Percy followed the other witches and demigods through the portal that Tegan created. He had experienced magical amnesia before, but he still couldn't imagine how hard it was for Tenn, especially after seeing his mother's murder before him.

After seeing Tenn storm off and saying he was going home, Percy, Jason and Tegan all shared a look with each other, then quietly agreed that they should just let him be. So, only Tegan and Kessler followed Tenn, while the others returned to the Coven Headquarters.

They sat there for a while, waiting for Tenn to come back. Everyone had at least shed a tear or two while at the river. The room was quiet as everyone took in the information they saw just then, until Royce finally broke the silence.

"So...do we call him Haven now?" Royce asked in a soft voice. His eyes were red, as were the majority of the people in the room. "I mean, if that's his name?"

Henley pinched the bridge of her nose. "I think we'll have to ask him."

"But for now, we should just act as normal as possible." Deacon sighed. "Right, Coop?"

Cooper closed his eyes. "I don't know. I just...don't know."

"This is not going to be easy for him," Hunter said softly from the couch. He hung his head. "For any of us."

Devon slammed her hand down on the back of the couch behind Hunter. "None of this makes any sense!" She cursed then started to pace, shaking her head the whole time. "For twelve years, we've seen him, talked to him, tended to him, and not one of us recognized him? Kessler found him in the dam woods that are within walking distance of Ruth and Micah's house. How did we not put this together?"

Hazel sighed, then spoke softly, "I have a theory." All eyes turned to the daughter of Pluto. Hazel hesitated for a moment, then continued. "Maybe Ruth used her magic to hide Tenn's true identity. When Tegan used that spell to bring his memories back, I felt a layer of Mist being lifted that I hadn't even felt before."

Everyone turned to Annabeth, who held her head in the palm of her hand, which rested on her crossed leg. "It's certainly a possibility." She murmured. "From what I've heard about Ruth, I wouldn't put it past her. But..." She sighed and shook her head. "To be so powerful as to be able to hide the Mist from Hecate's chosen? Honestly, it's a bit terrifying to think of such a thing."

Hunter shook his head in thought. "There are a lot more questions to this than we even realize. I just hope we somehow figure out the answers. For his sake, at the very least."

"So his real name is Haven..." Chutney frowned. "What's his last name?"

"Proctor," Hunter said with a sigh. "Haven Proctor."

Percy could hear Bettina faintly murmuring. "Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He snorted quietly.

Jackson sat up straighter, which Percy didn't even think possible. These dam Brits. "As in...Kenneth Proctor?"

Deacon narrowed his eyes. Emersyn shook her head in disbelief. "Proctor...as in Myrtle, Saffie, and Leyka Proctor?"

Cooper's face fell, and he slouched on the sofa, his eyes seemingly staring into space.

"Yes." Constance sighed and rubbed her red eyes. "They were all related—"

"Wait, what?" Royce tugged on his hair. "HOW?"

Before Constance could reply, Leo jumped up and pointed at the floor. "Guys?" The demigods and Coven followed his direction. Smoke billowed up from the hardwood floors, seeping through the cracks. Hunter cursed, and everyone jumped to their feet, ready for a fight. Then Tegan appeared.