『ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝: ℍ𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕕』

"Vanessa! I need a few upgrades on my robe!"

Asta was boasting to Magna and Luck about how he became a third-class junior Magic Knight Knight while you became a first-class junior Magic Knight, but didn't tell them yet. The two of them had no clue what it was which made you sigh a bit.

Yami put down the newspaper he was reading and looked at the two. "Have you guys been Magic Knights all this time without knowing what that is? It's a Magic Knight rank. And since you guys haven't changed at all since you all joined, you're still fifth-class Magic Knights. You better start showing Asta some respect. And by the way, Charmy and [Name] became first-class junior Magic Knights."

Magna stared at you in shock while Luck's expression was the usual smiling one. "Apparently, they were impressed that both of them captured one of the rebels.

You decided to bring up a book and distract yourself for a bit. You were tired by the recent events and wanted to sleep for a few days at least.

"Anyway, well done, you two", Yami congratulated you and Asta. He was still sad about what happened to Fuegoleon and you would be lying if you weren't.

"But Captain Fuegoleon...", Asta stared at the ground with saddened eyes as Yami cut him halfway through.

"Who do you think you're worried about, punk? That hot-blooded king of seriousness won't die that easily. I bet he'll come back even stronger", Yami looked at Asta.

"Of course! Hey, [Name]! We should go train!" Asta suggested but you declined.

"No, I want to sleep", you looked up from your book and focused on the ash-blonde boy. "And besides, we both need a break."

Asta looked at you with a blank face and didn't give any kind of an answer to that. He soon turned away from you when Yami spoke up.

"They're right, both of you need a break", Yami agreed with you.

"See! Even Captain agrees!" you smiled a bit, celebrating the fact your captain agreed with you.

"I agree with [Name] and Captain", Noelle piped in.

"Even you, Noelle?" Asta whipped her head towards Noelle and stared at her in shock.

"A break? You're getting time off, Asta, [Name]?" Finral had shown up from a portal he had created. "Then let's head to a mixer!"

"You, get to work", Yami took the cigarette out of his mouth and pointed at Finral.

"I'll set everything up!" Finral announced and ignored Yami.

"Didn't I just say you need to get to work?" Yami looked at Finral.

"Do you want to join, Captain?" Finral dodged his order again.

"I'll murder you", Yami stared into his soul, irritated by the fact that Finral kept dodging and ignoring his orders.

You looked at Finral with a disinterested face and declined. "Nope. I'm not going."

"Why not? You'll meet beautiful ladies there", Finral tried to convince you to join while dreaming about his fantasies.

"I'm about to go to sleep. Have fun", you stood up and headed upstairs where your room was, but forgot it had changed its position again and you grumbled a bit as you walked across the base to get to your room.

♡♧♡♧♡

You opened the door and took note of the egg sitting on your table. You had made a small nest that could heat the egg that you found on your mission with the Golden Dawn.