- 5 -

Second update today! From now on, I have no more completed chapters so it will take a bit longer to get a new one, but chapter 6 and 7 are nearly half there so maybe tomorrow I can update! Thank you for giving this story so much love, I love seeing your comments and theories!

A hand shaking me awake softly has me grumbling unhappily.

It feels like I barely slept, a few hours at most but nothing like what I would normally need to get through a long day.

"Come on sweets, wake up, we leave for work in thirty minutes, you need to eat breakfast first".

Work? Sweets? Who-

My eyes snap open to see Jungkook grinning at me, an eyebrow quirked as he waits for me to appraise his presence in my room, as he waits for me to process that this isn't my room, not the one I woke up in yesterday anyway, the current tones of lavender of this room prettier than the falling apart wallpapers of the previous one.

Right, his pack took me in after Yoongi and Jungkook both saw how horrifying my apartment was, they despised it with all of their being, then I spent a small part of the night talking with Namjoon and Jimin before falling asleep.

I didn't think it would be possible, but Jimin really accomplished the impossible, didn't he?

I smile sleepily at the alpha in front of me, feeling so at peace in this bed, all snug and fuzzy, to which he smiles back, endeared.

"Aren't you looking awfully cozy. Did you sleep well, sweets?" he croons, something that makes my soul preen, lips stretching wider before I bury my face in the blanket facing me, the fabric so soft to the touch, getting out of bed has never been so hard.

It takes me a moment to figure out why I'm feeling that way, but when I do, hand curiously patting behind me to find that the scenario is awfully similar to my biggest fear, my eyes widen instantly and I sit up in panic, the sweet feeling that was covering my mind disappearing in a second.

My reaction is enough to shock Jungkook as he eyes me with concern, arms hovering in uncertainty because of the sudden change occurring in front of him, but I can't pay attention to that when I have something urgent to do right now.

Quickly, as if my life is on the line, I start messing up the nest as much as I can, mind doing its best to ignore the pain that shoots through me at the act, tears welling up in my eyes but it doesn't matter because Jungkook can't see it, he can't see the nest, he will get mad at me and I can't bear the thought.

Jungkook's eyes turn sharp at my sudden frantic behaviour and his hands quickly grab my wrists to stop me, except it doesn't work when I try to free myself, I need to make sure it's all gone, no hints, no hints can be seen-

"Y/N! Calm down! Now!" Jungkook demands, obviously uses his alpha voice because his tone is stronger, more powerful, and where it shouldn't work on a human, it shouldn't work on me, I find myself sagging in a second, soul feeling empty, a mess of nerves.

I don't want him to think that I'm disrespecting them, not when they've been nothing but welcoming towards me, I don't want them mad at me.

I feel tears flow down my cheeks as I remain still, his hands tight around my wrists, my pulse strong under his fingers and I can't find it in me to look up to meet his gaze as Jungkook stares at me in silence while trying very hard to understand, his hold on me eventually softening before he decides to make a step forward to hug me to his chest.

Feeling his arms around me, to get a hug for probably the first time in too long, I melt in his hold and a build-up of tears break the dam that I didn't know was up when a sob leaves my throat, body and mind overwhelmed by the stress that rose too quickly when I woke up.