- 15 -

Namjoon's POV

I step out of my bedroom once dressed for the day and turn my gaze to Y/N's closed door, mind filled with what she said last night in the bathroom.

I don't know if she realized that while talking to my wolf, she was also talking to me, but the reality of her words broke my heart once more.

Her adoptive parents really made her pitiful, didn't they? They wanted so much to be given what they wanted that her comfort and health was completely pushed aside for their own merit, and in the end, what did it serve?

Nothing, if not for years that Y/N will look back to with a frown.

"Hyung, are you okay?" I suddenly hear and when I turn my head the other way, it's to see Jimin peeking in from the end of the corridor, my scent giving away my displeasure, I sigh as I make my way to him so we can eat breakfast before leaving for work.

I head straight for the coffee machine while he remains near me, waiting for me to speak up patiently. "Just remembering what Y/N said last night. She opened up a little to my wolf, it makes me sad, and mostly angry, what she had to go through".

"Yeah... did you get any news from the hospital concerning her case with her adoptive parents? They said they would sue, right? If they don't do anything, we might as well get someone ourselves, we can't leave this be" he asks, fingers clenched as he stares at my back, but before I can answer, Jin does, his feet silently taking him over to drape himself over the younger alpha.

"They called to inform me that they've started the process. Every information concerning her health was given to their lawyer and with what I told them about the way she had to live, for what we know, well it's going to increase the punishment for her parents, they're not going to be happy about it, a huge sum of money might be transferred to her bank account and they won't have a single word to say about it".

"I don't care about how much she gets from them, I can give her twice that amounts without even blinking an eye, what I want to know is how bad are they going to get it. They're not simply going to have to give an amount of money, right? They almost killed her, they have to get something worse than that" Jimin insists, body tensed until Jin scents him gently to help him calm down.

"They will be sent to prison, Jiminie, for a few years surely. When the wolves learn of what they did to her... well let's say that they might not make it out in one piece. Or make it out at all. No one stops angry wolves in a prison, not if they want to remain unscathed at the end of the day, her parents will regret it dearly".

I hum, pleased with what I'm hearing. If someone else is going to kill them, then I can rest easy.

"How long until we make it to that point?" I ask Jin who shrugs lightly, unsure of the answer, he must not have been told that much yet. "They didn't say, only that they would call again when there's progress, or if they need additional information".

I tsk my tongue, but nonetheless nod before grabbing a cup to pour the steaming coffee into, it's not like there's much we can do in the meantime.

"Let's wait a little and see how things go, and let's not tell Y/N about it just yet, she already has a lot on her mind right now and I don't want her to have to worry about them on top of everything else. Who's going to stay with her today? Tae and Hobi?".

Jimin eyes me hesitantly at that. "Erm... no, she's actually going to work with Yoongi and Jungkook today, she asked them if she could go with them because she didn't want to stay here and do nothing all day".

I still, cup about to reach my lips as I process what he just said.

My sweet baby omega, about to head outside after she had a drop yesterday?