- 19 -

Jin's POV

Nothing prepares Jimin, Namjoon and I for the messages that suddenly get sent to our group chat as the late evening progresses.

We were aware that our group of mates were supposed to take our baby to the restaurant since they were done with the shopping, they'd told us about the place they had reserved at and we were confident that she would enjoy herself there, as they were.

But this?

Jungkook:
Y/N is having a trauma reaction
We met her adoptive parents there and just
Things are bad, hyungs, we're on the way
Yoongi hyung says to prepare for our heat to begin sooner
As in tonight

My heart stops beating, it squeezes and hurts terribly before beginning an overwhelming pace that makes it beat against my chest like it's trying to make a hole through my skin to run to her and a terrified whine leaves me as I read his texts a second time.

She's having a trauma reaction? Yoongi expects our heat to hit tonight instead of next week? That means we should expect the worst.

"Fuck, what the hell were they doing here... the lawsuit must have caused them to come by to try and fix this in person, I should've expected that outcome, fucking shit" Namjoon swears angrily before rushing off towards the pack nest while Jimin heads to the kitchen, fridge, pantry and a few selected cupboards opened to have a look inside only to grumble because that's not enough, that's definitely not enough for a rushed heat.

"Hyung, give me the car keys, I'm going to the grocery store, we won't be able to last the rest of the week and the next one at this pace, leaving the house will be impossible once she gets here so I need to go now" the alpha explains in a rushed voice, his hands on my shoulders shaking me a little to break me out of my panicked state as he pushes out his alpha scent to settle my nerves.

"Hyung, I know it's going to be hard but she needs you, okay? You have to be strong, your true mate needs you so you have to take care of her when she gets here, at least until you make it to the nest, you know that, right? You're her pack omega and a doctor, can you do that for her, hyung? Just until she's safely in the nest, please?".

I nod my head slowly as his words remind me of my new role in the pack, I have someone who depends on me now, she'll need me, he's right.

I get the car keys out of my pocket and give them to the alpha who kisses my cheeks with a whispered "Good omega, now go to Namjoon, okay? I love you, I'll be quick" before he's running out of the house because he hates the simple thought of not being there when she gets here, but the pack needs food and he's currently the only one in a state to head out, he knows that.

As Jimin asked, I make my way to the pack nest to join Namjoon, unsure of what to do with myself. There's an adrenaline that makes me fidgety but since she's not here, it only serves to make me in need of nesting and that's the last thing I should do, not without her by my side.

I get closer expecting Namjoon to be adding of his scent to the nest to assure a stronger soothing and indeed, when I enter the room, it's to be swarmed by the pack alpha's pheromones, thick in the air and meant to soothe a distressed wolf.

The effect is instantaneous on me, the pheromones and his scent giving me a sense of safety that soothes my omega wolf, it helps me to take in a deep breath to relax my shoulders and calm my erratic heart, this should help her too, no, it will help her.

I stare at my pack alpha as he steps out from between the nest's curtains only to get back inside from another angle with an obvious mission driving him, he's not just our pack alpha anymore right now, he's the pack alpha, overwhelming energy flooding out of him without restraint to prepare for the worst.