- 9 -

Honestly, all of this chapter is Yoongi's POV lmao, but I like it, we get to see how he feels about himself and his position within the pack a little more, it explains his character a bit better!

I also want to say that the concept for the scent-sleep has been created by yours truly, so again, if by the end you have questions, let me know! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Yoongi's POV

"I just called with the doctor responsible of her at the hospital, he apologizes for what happened and will punish the nurses appropriately since things could have been a lot worse than they were. He's given me a list of things to look out for her, but I already expected most of them, she'll be staying here unless complications arise".

I turn to Jin as he tucks his phone into his pocket with a tired glow to his face, that was a long conversation after all, he must have been talking with the man for over an hour now, and he doesn't look like he stayed quiet, if the red sticking to his skin is anything to go by.

The man must have gotten an earful from our omega, with good reason.

He comes to sit next to me and cuddles right into my arms, his body heavy with exhaustion, we can all feel it, his mint faded, like that leaf has been out for too long and lost of its freshness, so I nuzzle the scent gland on his throat to coax it out, lather him in my own chocolate, minty chocolate, the only version Namjoon can tolerate.

The others are quiet and drooping on their seats spread around in the living room, Taehyung and Hoseok cuddled together, Almonds and apple pie while Jungkook cuddles into Namjoon's side, his baby powder turning into the scent of detergent, lavender baby powder.

And Jimin, well he's laying on his back on the floor, his cinnamon spicy to the nose, he's still processing the shock we all experienced upon having to search for her earlier, his wolf still growling at the fear we felt from possibly not finding her, or finding her hurt, wounded, which luckily didn't happen.

After finding Namjoon at the location he had shared with us in the group chat, the both of them hidden in one of the playground's structures, his arms locked tightly around her, the sight of her passed out form enough to have my heart twisting in worry, we helped him step out of the tight little hideout, his body millimeters away from being too big to fit and right into one of the cars with her still cradled to him.

There was no taking her away from him at that moment, not when he had pushed her to an incredibly vulnerable state.

He was responsible of her security and even as his mates, even as her true mates, we were not him, he would not settle with anyone else but him and his wolf, he had to protect her of potential threat, his instincts screaming that if he had to force her into a scent-sleep to begin with, it was because danger was close.

Once sure that we were all buckled in, our group separated to fit in the two cars, we headed straight back home since our pack alpha wanted nothing to do with the hospital again.

In his words, they were incompetent and he would not have her remain with people who couldn't keep a close eye on her.

I had worried over the idea because if the doctor wanted her to stay at the hospital for the week, it was because her state could aggravate, maybe without us noticing anything, but Jin had assured me that it would be fine and so, we'd all listened without saying a word, our trust for our pack mates stronger than the sun itself.

The drive went in silence, my head always turning back to stare at her, to make sure that she was fine, Namjoon's gaze also locked on her face, he wouldn't stop until she'd be into a nest because scent caused sleeps can be tricky, there's no knowing when the wolf will wake up again, nor in what state we'll find them when they do wake up. It's a complex thing, not to be used lightly.