Chapter 42: Pinwheels

Specially for abhi1625

❣️❣️❣️ Sis, for constantly reminding me I have a purpose despite the odds. Thank you a lot for making me realise..

''The show must go on..''

A/N
Everyone struggle with their believes sometimes.

At the end you don't lose them, they lose you.

The best part is I am still learning from it.. growing and blooming every day.

Wish me luck and strength.

ㅁㅁ

HAIKUAN'S POV

''How are you dad?''

This is what I can ask after twenty four years staying away from him. My dad, my hero..

I never hated him. Never.

He is still handsome as in the picture in my wallet where he was laughing with me hugging me closer.

My story is a lot longer and extremely beautiful. Likewise it's sad at the same time.

All these years went in silent prayers, hoping to meet my precious family. Now it seems fruitful.

His eyes were waiting for me for ages, his lips hiding a trace of relieved smile.

My superman.. I missed you.

''Huan.. '' He got up, staggering for a second to reach me.

''Dad''

All the pain, all the waiting came to an end when he wrapped me in the safety of his embrace. Ah.. I missed my home. Finally, I am here again.

''I missed you, Dad.''

He stayed silent, blessing me with his comfortable hug.

''Did you not miss your Huan?''

''I did.'' He kissed my forehead. ''You became taller than me, boy''

I missed that word. I missed all of it, dad. I missed my family.

''How are you all these years? Are you well off? Are you eating well?''

''Yes, Dad. I-I am. I just.. missed you. A lot.''

He didn't have any idea how much I miss him. Just how much the little Huan craved the safety of his extended finger.

I don't know when I subconsciously held his finger wrapping my fingers around. I want to experience that all, even with the exchange of my soul.

I miss my childhood. I missed the candy we used to share, I missed his giggles.

''How are you all these years, Dad?''

''I'm good, son.''

''You love me like before, right?'' Definitely he loves me. Can it ever happen that a father doesn't love his son? Never.

''I love you, Huan. Dad always loves you.''

His warm tears dropped on my hands while he kissed my palms. ''Dad never stopped loving you for a moment. He was dead without you.''

''Dad?''

''My baby..''

''Don't say that word''

''Ok. I won't.'' he smiled, wiping his face. '' I-I have something for you.'' he stuttered excitedly. I wonder what it is. Can it be..

''Cotton candy?'' I saw him pulling the gift box. ''My candy, you still ..''

''I remember everything, Huan.''