chapter-10: Defender

Whole day Zhan is lying on his bed motionless hiding his face, tired from too much crying. Uncle is trying to comfort him but he can't heal his broken heart.

'This is the best birthday gift ever.I have to accept the reality that you hate me'

"Zhan baby, look what uncle brought you. It's your favourite icecream''

''Zhan...'' " oh Zhan, what a forgetful person I am I didn't bring your gift" "Zhan let's go and buy you a gift, hmm?"

"Zhan...honey, atleast look at me"

Zhan has become a statue without any motion. His heart is wrecking with the countless emotions of pain.

'You love seeing me in pain? That's why you are hurting me?'

'I don't have anymore tears to shed. It's painful enough to witness your cold behaviour'

' yet I will endure it... Atleast in this way I'll be able to hear you'

'It enough for me to see you happy from distance'

He got up from his bed in a daze, eyes staring at nothing.

'I'll be brave for my uncle'
'I'll beg you even if you keep insulting me repeatedly'

Your POV
Next Day

As Zhan climbed down from his car he felt hundred pairs of eyes watching him. The usual cheerfulness in the air was absent. He didn't have the courage to face them. He can hear the soft murmur of people behind him. They were averting their gazes seeing him or more like they were avoiding him out of disgust. This is how the world is. They don't wait to step on you the moment they get a chance.

He hurried towards the entrance when someone joined him. Zhan looked towards the person, who was smiling at him softly.

"Hey, Zhan"

"........"

Zhan ignored the guy and looked towards the door few metres away from him.

"Hey.. umm..I saw the news" "I'm so sorry for you" he came infront of Zhan stopping him on the track. "So.." he stammered "is the offer still on?"

"W..What?"

"I can't afford your price but" he continued with a smirk " I have some friends who are pretty rich. We will share the cost."

Zhan is dumbfounded by his words.
"If you are ready for us then I'll pick..."

'Bang'

That person fell on the ground clutching his jaw.

"You bastard" hwiyoung roared kicking him. "I'll kill you"

Zhan was stunned by this event. A small crowd gather around them to watch the drama. JiLi was holding hwiyoung from further hitting the guy, but he started to overpower him by struggling more. Soon pond also joined to hold him. Manaow is in the same world as Zhan's, completely stunned.

The crowd stopped murmuring when the guards interfered the fight. They started leaving from that place as the drama is over. Somehow JiLi managed to drag everyone of their group inside. Manaow make the shocked Zhan seated on a chair, rubbing his back. They were calming down hwiyoung after reaching their floor when Ha Peng barge in.

"What the.."

"Leave" hwiyoung screamed at him.

"You are my responsibility and I won't allow you to create a mess"