Chapter -44: Little soap beard

Officer Xuan Lu. A name feared by many and loved by more than that. A devil behind that innocent smile and an angel hidden in ruthless eyes. She pleasantly smiled at the boy sitting in front of him.

Her first thought was- He seems innocent though.

''So.. Xiao Zhan is it?''

''Yes, officer.''

She sipped on the cold coffee taking in the majestic view of Wang's property. A backyard pond, cosy and cool for the swans swimming peacefully. The backside of the mansion was straight out of a fairytale. Must be designed specially for couples, 'only if Yibo had someone in his life.'

''Since when do you know Wang Yibo?'' she asked still looking at the little babies of swan 'So fluffy'

''I'm working for him since he took over the eclipse''

''I asked since when do you know him?''

Zhan wiped his sweaty hands. 'She is so strict.' What shall he say now? Can he tell her the truth? Obviously no. How can he trust a stranger even if she is a protector of law?

''I have known him since he debuted'' It was not completely a lie. And Xuan Lu can't find the hidden truth in them.

''Do you like him?''

''He is a kind person.''

''Let me change the question. Did you really like him that much to set those reporters in his room on the night of 4th October?''

''O-Officer?'' Zhan's heartbeat accelerated.
It was beyond his limit to think of that horrible night. ''I- I-I''

''Yes or No''

Zhan's hands trembled and he found it hard to think straight. Everything came rushing to him. The fear and helplessness. Their judgement, cruel words, those snickers and comments on his character. What hurted him the most was Yibo's indifference, his complete abandonment. Wish it were a nightmare. He still can't believe it was the same Bobo who loved him once.

''Xiao Zhan?''

Zhan's trance break. It took him a minute or so to register officer Xuan Lu's question. If he says 'No', is she going to find a way to put the blame on Yibo?

''I'm waiting for your answer. Calm down and answer my question.''

''Do you hate Yibo, officer?'' Zhan still stuttered.

''Why would I? I don't even know him personally.''

''Are you being honest, officer?''

''That depends.''

Xiao Zhan's now blooming hope died like that.

What if the ones who hate Yibo sent this lady to tarnish his reputation.
He took a deep breath. ' I'll take my feelings to grave, you can't make me say anything fatal to Yibo.'
''I follows Wang Yibo everywhere.'' he said instead, ''That night I was there to seduce him.''

''So a crazy fanboy afterall?''

''Y-Yeah'' he blinked back at the sudden rising moisture, '' a crazy fanboy after all'' he replied with a sad smile.

''What do you think about his recent album?'' Xuan Lu asked casually as if it was a chat between two fans adoring the same idol. ''Don't you think it's about lost love? "

Does officer Xuan Lu think Zhan is crazy? She might be. His so-called obsession towards an idol to the point of trying to follow him everywhere and the disgusting effort of seducing the said man is indeed shameful and evokes questions on his sanity.