3

"What do you mean he found her?" William pressed.

"Uh, I dunno? He just said he found her." Micheal shrugged. "I didn't think to ask him where. I was just happy she wasn't dead or something."

"She is dead." I blurted. Michael snapped his gaze up to meet mine.

"What..? N-no, I saw her with Henry. She was alive."

"Whatever thing you saw with Henry, wasn't Charlie. Charlie's dead." I said with little emotion.

Michael stared at me with wide eyes, "How.. how do you know..?"

"Because I killed her." William spoke up.

Michael stumbled up from his chair, angry and confused. "What?!" Above all, he was scared. "No you didn't. No. No, you.. you couldn't have.. Please.." he begged.

William smiled at his son sadistically, giving Michael his answer.

"Please, no. Please... you didn't. Please, please. No!" Michael cried. "So what? Were you behind the other murders as well?!"

"Bingo!" William grinned as he shot Michael finger guns.

"No.. no no. Please..." Michael fell to his knees in disbelief, holding a hand over his mouth. "Why..."

"To save your brother." I said as Michael looked up, slowly to meet my eyes.

"How could killing children save a dying one?!" He yelled as tears welled in his angry eyes. He stood up.

"Remnant." William began. "For a lack of a better term, soul energy. You get some of that, then you're golden. You can heal whatever's broken and put them back together... Although, our attempts to get remnant failed in vain, leaving us with these immortal vessels. My theory is that our remnant is now fused with the suits. That's what gives us life." He rambled, so intrigued by remnant.

Michael's mouth hung slightly agape. "Can you destroy remnant..?"

"I believe so.. If you burn it."

Michael nodded, "How did your attempts fail..?"

"When we tried to harvest the remnant, there was none. No remnant whatsoever. But, oh well, I guess." William shrugged. "We still won in the end, we now have eternal life."

"Don't you feel any kind of remorse..? Guilt? Regret?" Michael begged for an answer, one that said yes.

William shook his head, no. Michael looked to me for any kind of redemption. His eyes, begging me to say what he wanted to hear.

"A little, I admit." I sighed. "But there's no going back. What's done is done. And now, I get to spend eternity with William."

"You're evil. Both of you!" Michael backed himself into the corner of the room, clutching his tablet.

"So what if we are?" William grinned, accepting the villain role. "What are you gonna do? Call the police? What can they do against two immortal beings?!" He cackled.

"I'll-... I'll kill you! I'll put an end to you! You won't hurt anyone else!" Michael dried the tears falling from his cheeks, trying to feel brave.

"You can't kill what's already dead. Don't be foolish." I scoffed.

Michael's cheeks were red with anger. "Oh, but I can try." He muttered under his breath.

He ran as quickly as he could, slamming his body into mine as I screamed. I felt every springlock lodged in my body dig deeper on impact.

I fell to the floor, groaning in pain. Michael took his opportunity to run out of the room and leave the building.

"Agh, fuck!" I yelled as William knelt to my side.

"Love, are you okay?"

"No, I'm not fucking okay! That shit hurted!!" I spat, standing back up. "Now where'd Michael go."