(Y/N)

"(Y/N??)" A little girl called out for me.

I opened my eyes, seeing a little girl with strawberry blonde hair smiling down at me.

"Lizzy??!" I stood up quickly, ecstasy filling my body. "Lizzy!! It's you!"

I cupped the little girl's face in my hands as tears welled in my eyes.

"(Y/N)!!" A little boy ran up to me with the biggest smile on his face.

"Evan!!" I cried.

I never thought I'd ever see either of them smile again. I missed their smiles. I missed them so much.

I heard gleeful laughing behind me. I turned around to see Michael and William laughing with each other under a tall tree.

"(Y/N)! Come, come!" Michael called over to me.

I ran over to William and Michael, sitting next to William, under the tree.

I watched from the tree as Elizabeth and Evan chased each other around, playing tag.

"This is everything I've ever wanted.." I sighed, contently as Lizzy ran over to me, sitting beside me.

"Welcome to the after life, (Y/N)! Everything you've ever wanted is here!" Elizabeth beamed a joyful grin up at me.

I smiled, looking down at the adorable girl.

"Michael! Play with us!" Elizabeth called for Michael as she ran back into the field before us, chasing Evan all the while.

The three ran down the hill to Evan, leaving just William and me.

I leaned up against the tree as I rested my head on William's shoulder, watching the three play together. This was everything I could've ever wanted. I wanted this to last forever.. and it would last forever. 

"(Y/N).. I don't love you anymore." William said, coldly and abruptly.

"W-what?!" I exclaimed, looking up at him.

His head snapped from the kids to look at me. "Wh-what's wrong, dear?" He asked, concerned and confused.

"You- you said you didn't love me anymore!" Tears welled in my eyes.

William looked genuinely confused. "What?! (Y/N), I'd never say that..! You.. you know that, right?" He enveloped me in a hug.

Did he not say that? Had he not just told me he wasn't in love with me anymore? It felt like my heart had leaped, and not in the good way. Not in the way that it leaps when William kisses me or tells me he loves me... in the way I felt like my life was over.

"I- I don't know what that was.. it sounded just like you." I sighed.

"What sounded just like me?" William let go of the hug, leaning back against the tree but keeping his gaze fixed on me.

"I- I don't know. Some voice. It sounded like you said you didn't love me anymore.."

"My dearest, I love you more than anything here."

Then what was that voice..?

Elizabeth ran over to me, pulling me up from my seating position, wanting to show me something.

William and I ran with her to the edge of a cliff. We stood far from the edge.

"(Y/n), Daddy! Look at the view!!" She ecstatically exclaimed.

The view was beautiful in the after life. A gorgeous chasm covered in lush trees.

Elizabeth ran towards to edge, careful not to get too close. She watched the sunset beyond the trees below.