15

I awoke in a workshop. A familiar one, nevertheless. It was Henry's workshop.

I tried sitting up, feeling nothing but pain. I groaned, alerting the man asleep on a chair in the corner.

He shot up, his eyes wide. "You're awake!" He cheered, walking over to me.

"Henry!" I was glad to see him.

"How do you know my name?" He looked at me, suspiciously.

"It-it's me! (Y/N)! Don't you recognize me?"

His eyes widened. "(Y/N)?! Oh, goodness!" He slapped his forehead. "I would've never known!"

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Here, take a look for yourself." He walked off to grab a mirror.

I looked at myself. I looked awful! I hardly had any skin, all of my hair was gone and I looked like a walking corpse!

"What- what happened??"

"I found you slumped against my house inside your old Chica suit. I thought you were dead, but suddenly you came back to life, so I did my best to take you out of the suit. Those springlocks looked like they were stuck in you for years!"

I sat up with great pain.

"Say, what were you doing in that suit? Why'd you put it on? How'd you get springlocked?" Henry asked all at one time.

I looked down at the floor as guilt washed upon my face. "H-Henry, there's something I need to tell you. And I know that you'll get mad and y-you have every right to.."

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He reassured me.

God, he's such a good person.. he didn't deserve to lose his daughter... he didn't deserve me and William turning our backs on him.

"No. You deserve to know." I looked at him. He looked back at me, concerned.

"Okay, I'll listen, (Y/N)."

I sighed heavily. "W-William is the reason Charlie's dead. And William and I are the culprits of the missing children's incident." I looked away, no longer able to look into Henry's eyes. "I feel great shame, immense guilt for what I did. I can't tell you how much I want to redo everything. I wish I would've told you what William had done. I wish that I hadn't hurt those kids!"

Henry was speechless.

I refocussed my guilty gaze back on Henry.

"So, William killed my daughter..?" He wasn't angry or sad. It seemed as though he was already at acceptance.

"Yes. And I am beyond sorry that I didn't tell you. I don't expect you to forgive me, but please at least know that I deeply regret it." I pleaded to him.

"I- I recreated her." Henry deadpanned.

"What do you mean you recreated her?"

Henry pulled out blueprints. They were beyond phenomenal! They were incredible!

"In my desperation to have my daughter back, I remade her. I built a robot to resemble her. She could walk and talk and even breathe. She had memories, she was just like my Charlotte. I made four.. each one older than the last."

I looked at the four blueprints. "First a baby, then a little girl." He pointed to the third blueprint. "The sulky teenager. Then, at last, she would be a woman. Finished. Perfect. Charlie." One was of a toddler, she looked exactly like three year old Charlie before she was murdered. The second was a child around 10 or so. The third was a teenager, about 17. And the fourth was an adult woman. She was beautiful.

Henry looked off into the distance. I traced his line of sight, falling onto an unfinished body of the final Charlie.

"The littlest Charlotte, I made with a broken heart. The second Charlotte, I made when I was in the depth of madness, almost believing the lies I'd told myself. I made the third Charlotte when I'd realized I'd gone mad.." he looked up to the unfinished Charlie. "When I began making the fourth, my despair turned to rage."

Henry clutches his fists into balls, gritting his teeth.

"This wasn't my Charlotte. My Charlotte was gone thanks to William!" He yelled.

"She- she's not completely gone.." I piped up.

Henry looked at me, confusion and hope in his eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Her soul combined with the security puppet. She's somewhere out there, alive in a way."

"My Charlotte's alive?" His eyes glistened with hope.

"Yes, but how will you find her? She could be anywhere!"

"I- I just need to make something to lure her in. You said she's the security puppet, right? Well, if the capturing machine I build emits the bracelet code the puppet's designed to detect, it should lure her into it!"

"Wow! Yeah, that's a magnificent idea, Henry!" I cheered.

"Lure, encapsulate, fuse, transport and extract... Left-e!" Henry cheered as he began drawing up a blueprint.

It was a cute little black bear with a red bowtie and golden star.