20

"Here, right here!" I grabbed the last piece of Evan's drawing.

"You got them!" He cheered.

As I put the drawing back together, the children came back. "They're coming back!" I exclaimed.

"These are my friends! Thats Susie, Gabriel, Jeremy and Fritz!" He pointed to each of his friends.

Finally, I put the last piece together, making one final kid return.

"Cassie!!" Evan called out as he ran to his friend, giving her a hug. "Have you met (Y/N)? She's my mom."

Cassidy glared daggers at me. "So are you the reason I can't have a peaceful afterlife?!" She seethed.

"No! I'm not the one keeping you here, it's William!"

—————————————————

"Unfortunate. I hoped to learn something." William cursed as he glared down at my unconscious body. "Bring one to me." He commanded his mangled foxy.

"Bring what?!" Henry yelled.

"A child, of course! What else would I be experimenting on?" William grinned. "It's clear that adult remnant shows hardly any results.. so I need younger remnant."

Henry was baffled, he didn't know what to say. "Since when were you a scientist turned comic book super villain!!?"

"You're amusing, but no, I'm no villain. Just a curious man wanting to find the key to immortality."

"Why?!" Henry fussed and Elizabeth held a strong grip on him. "Why do you care about immortality?!"

"I fear death more than I fear living like this, even when every waking instant is pain and sleep is only possible when induced by enough medication to kill most people..."

Henry gulped, a lump stuck in his throat. "You're so damn selfish." He seethed through gritted teeth.

"Perhaps.. but caring for other has only ever slowed me down."

Henry glanced up at Elizabeth who failed to hide her saddened look.

The man felt great sympathy for the girl. She just wanted to make her father happy by serving him.

What went wrong? He was such a caring father before...

————————————————

"Bring one to me." Bonnie had commanded.

"I have to go get something for him." Susie said, running off.

"Something for who?" I asked the little girl.

"Bonnie." She replied. "He wants to bring a new friend for us and he needs my help."

They trust him... they don't realize he's the one who hurt them. And he's... he's taking full advantage of them. Oblivious children...

"Bonnie isn't your friend." I stopped the little girl.

"Yes, he is!" She spat, angrily.

"The rabbit isn't your friend! He's a bad man." I sighed, looking at my ring. "He's selfish and doesn't care that he's hurting others! ...But I hurt you too.. and I'm beyond sorry.. But I've changed, I want to help you."

Cassidy looked up at me, taking my hand into hers. "Thank you."

I looked to William. "He's the bad man who hurt you."

"What are you waiting for? I'll do it myself!" William wheeled himself over to the closet and grabbed a dirty blonde haired boy.

"And he's about to hurt someone else..." I glared daggers at him.

The children looked at each other, contemplating what to do.

Evan looked to me, conflicted. Did he know that was his father?

"What's wrong, Evan?" I bent down to his level.

"I don't want to hurt Bobbie." He said, mispronouncing Bonnie's name. "He's Dad's favorite.."

"But Evan, sweetie, Bonnie is going to hurt an innocent boy, just like he and Chica hurt all of your other friends.."

Evan nodded, now realizing that Bonnie was not a nice bunny.

Cassidy walked over to the huddle of the five children, a subtle smile on her face.

"I know exactly what to do."

———————————————

The amalgamation stood up, grabbing William.

"What the hell is this?!" William yelled at the massive monster that held him high.

The little dirty blonde boy ran to Henry who engulfed him in a protective hug.

William struggled in the mechanical monster's grasp. The amalgamation walked over to the corner where scraps of Springbonnie's suit laid dormant.

They slapped the suit back onto Afton, securing the suit flush to his body with the springlocks. He screamed in agony as the springlocks pierced his skin again.

Henry covered the boy's eyes and ears, shielding him away from the gruesome scene.

Elizabeth watched with a blank stare.

I awoke in time to see the Frankenstein animatronic toss William inside a large furnace. It was ironic; that furnace was the same furnace William used to melt the animatronics together, now it would be the furnace that he'd die in.

The amalgamation climbed inside the furnace as well, most likely to free themselves to the afterlife.

I sighed as William's screaming ceased. I walked over to Henry and hugged him.

I felt great apathy towards William now. It felt unnatural to no longer care about him. But he changed. He wasn't the caring father he used to be, he was just an evil man now. An evil man I didn't love anymore. He was selfish. Willing to hurt others in order to get what he wanted.

He didn't want to change—he didn't want to become a better man. His plan was never to redeem himself. He took Clara's gift of a second chance at life and abused it. Using it to make himself immortal.

I looked down at my ring, sadness and almost betrayal filled my heart. "Maybe in another lifetime, we could've had a normal family.."

Elizabeth stared at the furnace, flabbergasted. A shocked look plastered to her face.

"D-Daddy?" She cried before she went silent, falling to her knees.

"Elizabeth? Lizzy?" I looked at her, her eyes were void black, just like when circus baby had first taken poor Elizabeth.

Green irises glowed on the black void. She had no eye whites anymore, she looked horrifying.

"Holy shit! What the hell!" I yelled as I jumped away from her.

Elizabeth- no.. Circus Baby stood up, her gaze falling onto the dirty blonde boy.

She lunged at the boy with intent to harm in her eyes.

"Elizabeth what do you think you're doing?!" Henry yelled as he yanked the kid away.

Circus Baby looked at Henry, robotically.

"I'm doing what I was created to do." Her voice was monotone.

"...what? No, you were created to entertain children." I corrected.

"You are wrong." She said.