Clara

I heard giggling. But not the kind of giggling you hear from a little middle school girl cheekily giggling about her crush, it was maniacal.

I found the source, it was sweet little Cassidy. I smiled warmly.

"Cassidy, dearest. What are you giggling about?" The girl turned around quickly, her eyes wide as I began sauntering over to the surprised, ghostly girl.

My smile dropped as I saw William. She was watching him from some kind of screen. It was like a spectator's window.

"Dearest, why are you watching William?" I glared down at the girl. "I thought you'd agreed to let him pass onto the after life?"

The girl looked up at me, sheepishly. "I-in my defense, he i-is in the after life.. just not in heaven." She looked at the ground, slightly ashamed. "I-I'm sorry for lying to you, Clara. But they don't deserve to go to heaven! They took us from our families!" Cassidy cried.

"They? What do you mean they?"

"The lady's here, too." She said, gesturing over to a window like screen displaying (Y/N).

"Cassidy, darling, you have to let them go. They've redeemed themselves!" I pleaded.

"No way! They can't redeem themselves, they murdered us!" Cassidy shouted with tears welling in her eyes. "They aren't as good of people as you think! They deserve this!!"

"Cassidy. You keeping them here and torturing them makes you just as bad as them!" I said with a stern face.

Cassidy looked at me with no emotion left in her eyes. "So be it. I'll keep them here as long as my soul feels vengeful. I'll keep torturing them until my spirit fades." A smirk grew on her sad, teary face. "If this makes me a bad guy, then I'll be the bad guy. I want revenge."

My face softened, hearing just how spiteful this girl is. "Dearest, this is no way to live in the afterlife. You've got eternity to live happily! Forget about them! Please, leave them be!" I tried to reason.

"I've got eternity to torture them!!" Cassidy yelled at me, enraged with tears flowing from her eyes.

I felt a pang in my heart. I didn't want them to suffer, no one deserves to suffer. Likewise, I didn't want Cassidy to waste her energy on her pointless torturing. But I knew she wouldn't let it go. She was spiteful, rightfully so, but she should let it go and enjoy the afterlife..

So an idea popped into my head, I had a plan.