16

(From here on, there's a lot of The Fourth Closet spoilers and references because im in love with the books)

Elsewhere...

"Daddy, Daddy?" She cried as the seared man struggled to open his eyes. "Daddy, it's me! Elizabeth!"

"E-Elizabeth?" He asked, hoarsely as he sat up.

William looked at his daughter. She was still in the body of circus baby.

"Daddy! You're awake!" The girl cheered.

Her father looked at her indifferently.

"Aren't you happy to see me? I haven't seen you in how many years!"

William hummed in response, not saying a yes or no.

Elizabeth looked down, not expecting that reaction.

She'd found him on the side of the road next to a vacant building. She recognized him as her father instantly, I mean, who else would be wearing his Springbonnie suit. Elizabeth brought him down into the basement of the empty building and carefully extracted him from his suit.

She waited for him to wake up.

'He'll be so surprised to see me! He'll be beyond happy! It'll make his day- no, it'll make his whole year!' She'd thought to herself. 'He'll jump off the gurney and run to hug me! He'll say 'Elizabeth! I'm so happy to see you again! I love you my daughter!' Yes! He'll be ecstatic!!'

Elizabeth now glared at the man sitting before her, desperate for his attention.

"How are you here? Michael said he released tou to the after life." William asked his daughter.

"Yeah.. I was. I was having a great time with Circus baby until some lady came up to me and brought me back here. Back into this body." She gestured to her bulky mechanical body. "Walking is so tedious." She complained.

William stared at Elizabeth with a poker face.

"Can you build me a new body, Daddy? One that's better than this one?" She begged her father.

"Have you seen me? I'm in no condition to move. Go to Henry's house. See if he has anything."

Elizabeth huffed, her desperate attempt at trying to win her father's affection had failed.

"Fine." She seethed through gritted teeth.

Elizabeth stomped to the door before being stopped by her father. "Oh, and.. Elizabeth?" She quickly turned around, hoping he would say something to her. "Don't let anyone see you like that. Don't want anyone asking questions."

She felt her heart drop as she nodded and walked out the door.

Once Elizabeth left, William was left alone to think.

I want to know how souls fuse with the suits.. Maybe I can use Elizabeth to experiment on and conduct research. I'll need more than one subject, though..

Elizabeth made her way to Henry's home. She was very familiar with the route. She'd gone to Henry's hundreds of times when she was alive.

Upon making it there, she saw the light was on upstairs.

She quietly snuck into Henry's workshop, seeing a beautiful brown haired girl standing in the corner, seemingly asleep.

The girl was hooked up with wires attached to her.

'A perfect vessel, right for the taking.' She smirked.

Elizabeth grabbed the robot and began to make her way out of the workshop when she heard the two occupants of the house entering the workshop.