Texting

A/N: This is my first fanfic, sorry if my writing isn't amazing.

Y/N's pov:

     Tree. Tree. Another tree. How many trees are there?

    I sigh. My parents chat excitedly in front of me, probably gushing how amazing Reverse Falls would be for us. Yeah, right.

     My phone buzzed. I picked it up and found it was a text from Jessica. I smiled.

Jessica: Are you almost there?

Y/N: I think so. All I see are trees though, so it's hard to tell.

Jessica: It sucks that you have to move. I wish you're still here.

Y/N: Me too. I don't think I'll ever like Reverse Falls...

Y/N: Anyway, how's Jake doing?

Jessica: He just mopes around the house. Or plays chess by himself.  He really misses you.

Y/N: Remember when we all became friends? 

Jessica: OMG, yes. Dang, I can't believe the three of us have been friends for so long.

     I smiled. We've been friends for about 12 years (you and your friends are 17). After the first few weeks of kindergarten, Jake came to our class as a new kid. Jessica and I were in the same class, but we never really hung out. When the teacher asked for some kids to show Jake around the class, both Jessica and I volunteered. When recess came around, the three of us played together, and since then, we've been inseparable. 

     I frowned at the thought. Now that my family is moving, the three of us aren't going to be inseparable anymore. I wish my parents didn't drag me out here and I can be home right now, watching movies and eating junk food with Jake and Jessica. I don't want to leave my friends behind.

     I was about to text when Mom said, "Y/N, look we're here!"

    I peeked through the car window. There was a sign that I could find in the ridiculously numerous trees. I read the words "Welcome to Reverse Falls!" as Dad drove past.

     I'm not going to like it here.