Thinking of Friends

Will's pov:

     I finally arrived at the Gleeful mansion. I raced through the door, hoping to avoid a Gleeful. But as soon as I took a step inside the mansion, Mabel was in front of me, angrily glaring.

     "Will, you were supposed to be here ten minutes ago," she said.

      "M-Mabel, I'm s-sorry. I'll do better n-next time!" I stuttered. 

     "Oh, Will, you know you're supposed to be back here, with the ingredients, in two hours. But you decided to slack off and come here ten minutes later than the time we gave you. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?" 

      "P-please, don't hurt me-"

      A malicious grin spread across Mabel's face as she slapped my cheek. The impact was so strong that I collapsed to the ground. I whimpered, tears leaking from my eyes. Mabel leaned in close, until her face was inches away from mine. 

     "That's what happens when you don't follow orders, Will," she sneered. Then Mabel stood up. "Oh, and you're lucky we have a show this evening, or you would have a lot worse."

     After Mabel left, I got back to my feet. Tears streaked down my face as I ran to my room. It wasn't much really, just a small room with a bed in one corner and a windowsill with some potted flowers. An old watering can stood beneath the windowsill.

     I sat on my bed and sighed. Under my breath, I hummed a little tune. After a while, my thoughts turned to my brother. It's been a while since he visited me. I wonder what he's doing right now.

     A thunderous knock interrupted my thoughts. "Come on, you useless demon! We have rehearsal in a few minutes!" Dipper demanded.

      I sniffled and wiped my eyes. I hope no one gets hurt tonight.

                                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's pov:

      A few hours later

     "So, Y/N, did you meet anyone?" Mom asked during dinner.

     "Yeah, I met a few people," I replied as I dished up my (f/f). 

      "That's  great, Y/N! Who are they?" Dad asked. 

     "Gideon, Pacifica, and Will. I mainly spent the entire day with Pacifica and Gideon though."

     "Wait, why?" Mom asked. "Do Gideon and Pacifica-"

     "NO, Mom! Will had to do something. Gideon and Pacifica showed me around town," I took a bite of my (f/f). "Anyway, I'm going somewhere with them in an hour."

      "Where are you going?" Dad asked.

      "The Tent of Technology or something."

      "Make sure you get back right after you're done," Mom said.

     I sighed. "Yes, Mom."

     After dinner, I went upstairs to my room. Since I had a lot of free time before I had to go to the Tent of Technology or other, I decided to read (f/b). 

     As I read, my thoughts kept drifting away from the story. I keep thinking about my friends. I wonder how they're doing in h/t. 

      I got out my phone and texted to my group chat with Jake and Jessica. 

Y/N: Hey guys. What have you been up to?

      Nobody texted for a while, then Jake sent a text.

Jake: Hey, N/N. What's up?

Y/N: Nothing. Just wondering what you guys are up to.

Jake: Jessica's out at the bookstore. I just finished shooting some hoops.

Jake: How's Reverse Falls?

Y/N: Alright. I met some people and I'm going somewhere soon.

Jake: Where are you going?

Y/N: The Tent of Technology with some people. I don't really know a whole lot about it.

Jake: Who are you going with?

Y/N: Gideon and Pacifica. They seem alright.

      I waited for Jake to text back. After ten minutes had passed, I put my phone away and sighed. Jake probably didn't want to text me anymore because I moved. If my stupid parents didn't decide to move to stupid Reverse Falls to start their stupid art studio, things with Jake and Jessica wouldn't be different.

     I sighed and picked up my book. Who knows what would have happened if I hadn't moved here.