First Day on the Job

Y/N's pov:

      I walked my way to the Mystery Shack, thinking of my new job. Scratch that, I was worrying about my new job. 

      I never really had a job before. I would rather spend time with my friends then flip burgers at McDonalds'. And I rub people the wrong way sometimes, not just with Gideon. If I slip up, Bud might call off the deal and tell my parents, and I'd be in big trouble.

       I was still worrying when I got inside the Mystery Shack. There weren't a lot of customers right now, but seeing them didn't make me less nervous. It made me worse.

       "Hi, Y/N!" Pacifica exclaimed. "Are you here for your new job?"

       "Yeah, how did you know about that?" I asked. Please don't hate me, I thought.

       "Bud told me." She noticed my worried face. "Hey, it's not going to be so bad. Gideon and I work here part-time, so we can show you the ropes."

       "Thanks." I gave a small smile.

        As Pacifica showed me around the Shack, I asked, "Hey, sorry about the kitchen. It was kinda the only thing I think of that would get rid of the monsters."

       "Hey, it's okay," she said. "Sure, it's going to be a pain getting through the kitchen, but at least the monsters aren't here anymore."

       "Is Gideon mad at me?" I asked. 

       "Because of the kitchen? Sure, he's annoyed, but he's not mad at you."

       I gave a sigh of relief. 

       "So, is there anything I should know about my job?" I asked. 

       "Be nice to the tourists, try not to make everyone hate you, do your best, and always wear a smile!" Pacifica exclaimed, slapping a sticker on my cheek.

         I peeled it off. The sticker had a smiling cat that said, "You can do it!" 

        "Uh, thanks," I said, giving a small smile. "It's really-Ow!"

        I looked down at my feet to find a chicken. It was pecking at my ankle, and it felt like I was having doctors stabbing shots into me.

        "Ow, ow!" I exclaimed, grabbing my ankle to stop the pain.

        "Clucks, stop doing that!" Pacifica scooped up the chicken, petting its white feathers. It immediately snuggled against Pacifica's chest.

         "Ow..." I moaned rubbing my ankle. Luckily, my ankle wasn't bleeding. 

         "Sorry about that, Y/N," Pacifica said. "I didn't knows Clucks would peck you."

         "It's okay," I said through gritted teeth. Even though my ankle would say otherwise.

         "Anyway, this is Clucks. Clucks, this is Y/N. Now don't peck Y/N  again, okay Clucks?"

          "You have a pet chicken?" I asked. 

          "Yeah, isn't he the best? Anyway, I better show you how we do things around here."

          For the next few minutes, Pacifica showed me around the Shack. There was only two places that customers go to, but it was nice for Pacifica to still show me around.

        "Thanks for showing me around, Pacifica." She just finished her tour.

        "Aw, thanks! Hey, if you want you can-"