Looking for Answers (And Will)

Y/N's pov:

     "Hey, sweetie! Where are you going?" Mom asked as I walked to the door.

      "Mystery Shack," I said impatiently. I had to know what Gideon was hiding.

      "Ok, be safe! If you need anything, you can text me or Dad!"

      "OK, Mom, bye!" I slammed the door behind me.

      When I found the Mystery Shack, I opened the door. There were more people here than the last time I came during the day. There were some tourists examining the attractions and wares of the Mystery Shack. I spotted Robbie behind the counter, reading a magazine. Gideon and Pacifica don't seem to be here.

      "Hey Robbie?" I asked. 

     He looked up from his magazine. "Hey, Y/N! What's up?"

     "Do you know where Gideon and Pacifica are? I need to ask them about something."

      "They told me they were going to the woods. They said they wanted to look for a Hide-Behind?"

      "What's that?" 

      "I honestly don't know. You should hurry if you want to get them."

      I walked out of the Shack. Alright, this is going to be difficult. The Shack is surrounded by trees, and it's not like I have their phone number or anything.

      Wait, phone number! Robbie probably has Gideon or Pacifica's phone number. 

      I dashed back into the Mystery Shack, slamming the door open. "Hey, Robbie!" I cried.

      Robbie jumped in his seat. "Oh, hey, Y/N. Do you need anything?"

      "Robbie, do you have Gideon or Pacifica's phone number?"

     "Yeah. But the Wi-Fi isn't great here," he cautioned, passing me his phone.

      I found Gideon's contact number and tried calling him. Unfortunately, I couldn't be able to reach him. I tried calling Pacifica, but I got the same results. 

       "Ugh," I groaned as I gave Robbie his phone back. 

       "I told you the service isn't great," he said.

       "How long have they been gone for?"

      "About an hour, maybe an hour and a half."

       "Ugh, I swear if they don't walk through that door by the time I'm done talking, I'm leaving."

       Coincidently, Pacifica and Gideon walked through the door. Gideon looked disappointed, while Pacifica was beaming widely. In her hands was a small video camera.

     "Oh, hey, Y/N!" she exclaimed, waving. "Whatcha doing here?"

      "I just came to stop by," I said nonchalantly.

      How am I supposed to casually ask about someone's secret? It's not like I can say 'Hey, Gideon, I've been you friend for a few days. How about you tell me about your beef with Dipper. Oh, and don't worry, I won't tell anybody!' Yeah, that never works.

      But it's my only shot.

      "Hey, can I talk to you guys for a few minutes?" I asked. "Somewhere outside?"

       Gideon glanced at Pacifica, who was already nodding vigorously. "Sure, Y/N!"

       The three of us walked outside. We found a secluded spot at the edge of the woods, in case Gideon told me his secret. 

        As soon as we got to our spot, Gideon asked, "What is it, Y/N?" He clutched his vest.

      "Gideon, chill, it's not like Y/N's with the Gleefuls," Pacifica said.

       "Well..." I began. "I was kinda, sorta, wondering about your thing with Dipper."

      "My thing with Dipper?" Gideon asked. Then he slapped his forehead. "Oh, from last night! Uh, why would you want to know about that?"

      I hesitated. Why did I want to know that? Maybe because I was looking out for Gideon, or maybe because a little secret could make living here more interesting. 

       "Because I want to know," I answered lamely. 

       Gideon narrowed his eyes at me. "How do I know I can trust you?"

      "Gideon, why don't we just tell them?" Pacifica asked.

      Gideon was silent. Then he grabbed Pacifica's arm and walked her back to the Shack. "C'mon, Pacifica, let's go," he muttered.

      I stood there, watching Gideon and Pacifica as they walked away. When they got inside the Shack, I sat at the base of a tree and put my head in my arms. 

      I'm never going to make any friends here. I think. Gideon and Pacifica must hate me. If my stupid parents didn't make me move here, I wouldn't be feeling this. I would be spending time with Jake and Jessica.

       For a long moment, my mind was filled with thoughts of Jake and Jessica. I miss them so much! I wonder if they've forgotten about me, or found a replacement for me. I don't which one's worse. 

       I smiled as I think of how Jake and Jessica would reassure me. Jessica would say who cared whatever other people thought, that I'm still an amazing person. Jake would help by offering a piece of advice and/or silence. 

      Then I thought of Will. Realization struck me as I remembered about last night. Today's the day I'm supposed to hang out with him! We hadn't even figured out what to do, or where to meet up! 

      I'm going to need to find him. My best chance would be the Tent of Telepathy.

      Maybe I could rack my brain for something for the two of us to talk about while I'm looking.