Getting to Know Each Other

F/h=favorite hobby

Will's pov:

     "You idiot!" he yelled.

     Dipper's blue eyes blazed angrily as he walked towards me. I froze, fearing Dipper's wrath. He leaned in close to me, his mouth in a sneer. 

      "You mess this rehearsal up one more time," he snarled. "and you're watching Waddles."

      I nodded meekly. I hated whenever I had to do anything with Waddles. He hated anyone who wasn't Mabel. He always seemed to hate me especially.

      "Excellent," he said. Dipper walked away. "Again, from the top!" he yelled to a stage worker.

     I sighed wearily as Dipper climbed onto a trapeze hoop. From her hoop, Mabel gazed at me with an eager smile. 

     As the hoops were pulled up to the ceiling, I mentally went through what I had to do. The twins were going to be doing trapeze tricks in the air. After a few minutes, they are going to purposely going to mistime their flips and fall from their hoops. I'm supposed to use my levitation powers to lower them to safety. Then when the show is nearly over, I'm going to use fire as a grand ending.

      But I keep forgetting to levitate the twins whenever they fall from their hoops. My thoughts keep drifting to my complicated feelings and Y/N. I'm a bit nervous about my hangout with them, mainly due to my feelings. 

      My face flushed as I thought of that night when we were stargazing. The stars seemed to illuminate Y/N, making them look heavenly. Wait, what am I thinking?

      I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard bouncing. The Gleeful twins were climbing out of the net, Dipper angrily cursing beneath his breath. After the twins changed out of their performance clothes, Mabel bounced over to me.

     "Oh, Will," she sung. "I believe that you should be walking Waddles while Dipper and I go shopping."

      Mabel laughed gleefully as she walked out of the rehearsal room, Dipper tailing behind her. "He's in the kitchen!" Mabel called.

     I sighed. At least I'm not bruised or hurt. 

     I headed to the kitchen. The pink pig was sleeping in his dog bed. After I got his leash, I noticed his eerie blue eyes were boring into me. 

      "There there," I whispered. 

      Warily, I took a few steps closer to the pig. Waddles' eyes narrowed, displeasure on his face. I slowly moved the leash closer to his collar. Waddles snarled, baring his small teeth. 

      "Almost there," I said.

      I connected the leash to his collar. I gave a sigh of relief. Maybe Waddles was finally used to me. 

       But Waddles immediately started chewing on my arm. 

      I gave a grunt and said, "This is going to take a while."

Thirty minutes later

      Finally, the pig was behaving. 

      We were walking along the sidewalk, Waddles trotting beside me. Thank goodness I brought his treats with me, otherwise he wouldn't want to go anywhere. 

      Why am I always feeling weird? Whenever I think of Y/N, my face would always heat up, or my heart would always skip a beat. Could I...

      Suddenly I got jerked out of my thoughts. Waddles was bolting towards the Tent of Telepathy. With his leash still around my wrist, I had to run after him.

      "Waddles, stop!" I cried, but my words were unheeded. 

     I stumbled as I tried to keep up with Waddles. As we neared closer to the Tent of Telepathy, I noticed someone walking around the perimeter of the area. When Waddles grew closer, I recognized them. 

      It was Y/N! What were they doing here?

       I didn't have enough time to ponder, as Waddles showed no sign of stopping. 

       "Look out!" I yelled. 

        As soon as I said that, Waddles stopped and started eating a slice of pizza from the ground. The force of Waddles stopping made me stumble over my feet. I was nearly going to fall to the ground when Y/N grabbed my arm.

       Everything seemed to slow down as I gazed into Y/N's eyes. How did I not notice they were a dazzling e/c? I had a sudden wish to stare into them forever. 

        "Uh, are you just going to stare at me or do you still want me to help you?" Y/N asked, breaking the moment.

       "S-sorry," I said, straightening myself up. My face heated up.

        "Is that pig yours?"

         I shook my head. "Waddles belongs to the twins. I was just taking him out for a walk when he ran over here. W-what are you doing here?"

        Y/N scratched their head, their cheeks a little pink. "Uh, I was looking for you. You know, because we were going to hang out today?"

       They were looking for me? And they remembered about last night? I smiled shyly. "I-if you like, y-you can walk with me and Waddles."

       Y/N nodded. 

        As soon as Waddles finished his pizza, we started our walk. I tried to think of things we could talk about. Family? Books? Flowers? None of those seemed good for a conversation. Ugh, I'm such a flustered mess.

       "So, what do you like to do?" Y/N asked.

       I hesitated for a moment. "I-I like making flower crowns. And walking through the forest whenever I can."

       "Flower crowns?" I braced myself for humiliation. "Never heard of those before. Can I see them sometime?"

        I smiled. "Y-yeah, I'd like that. Anyway, what do you like to do?"

        "Hm, I like f/h," Y/N said. "It's always relaxing for me."

        "Uh..." What else could we talk about? Think, Will, think.

        "So do you live in the Tent of Telepathy?" Y/N asked.

        "N-no, I live next door to the Gleefuls," I lied. I don't want Y/N to know where I live and find me being weak. "I only work at the Tent. Where do you live?"

       "I live near the Mystery Shack."

       The rest of our walk, we went on asking questions about each other. A lot of the time, I felt flustered. Sometimes, I felt like Y/N was feeling the same as me. But I brushed it off as my imagination. Waddles would stop from time to time, but it's nothing that a few treats can't handle.

        When I saw the Gleeful mansion in the distance, I turned to Y/N. "I-I wish we could walk longer, but I have to give Waddles back to Mabel."

        "Hey," Y/N said, their faces a bit pink. "Maybe we could, uh, hang out again? If that's alright?"

        "S-sure," I gave a shy smile. I gave a small wave. "Good-bye!"

        "Bye!" Y/N waved back. 

         As I walked Waddles back to the mansion, I thought about Y/N. How their eyes would light up when talking about something they like. How whenever they smile, the world seems brighter. They're so beautiful/handsome...

         Wait, do I have feelings for Y/N?