The Tent of Telepathy

Y/N's pov:

     "How excited are you?" Pacifica asked with a huge grin. We were walking along the sidewalk as we made our way to the Tent of Technology. Gideon had a frown on his face.

      "A little, I guess," I answer. "What stuff is there in the Tent of Technology?"

     Gideon and Pacifica burst out laughing.

     "First of all," Gideon said as he tried to stop laughing. "it's the Tent of Telepathy. Second, some kids do some magic tricks." He grumbled at the last part.

      "They're not just some kids!" Pacifica exclaimed. "It's Dipper and Mabel! And their tricks are amazing! Also, Dipper is so cute!"

      "Dipper's not cute..." Gideon grumbled. "Besides, I feel that something's shady about them."

     "Really? This I gotta hear," I say eagerly. 

     Gideon glances around. "Not now, people could eavesdrop. I'll tell you after the show."

     "Speaking of the show, look where we are!" Pacifica exclaims, pointing to the Tent of Telepathy. 

     It was taller than a regular tent. The top of the tent had a wooden star with an eye in the center. The colors of the star were in shades of blue and black. The star was on top of a slanted, light-blue block with a white crescent moon on it. The drapes of the tent were a beautiful white, the same shade as a pearl.

     In front of the tent was a desk with a cash register on it. Behind the desk was a girl who looked like she was in college. She had long, dark red hair and multiple earrings on one of her ears. She was wearing a gray T-shirt with a darker gray hoodie over it, dark gray skinny jeans, and black boots with spikes on them.

     "How many tickets would you like?" she asked with a bored tone.

     "Three, please," I said, placing a 10 dollar bill on the desk.

     Her gloved hands took the money and passed me three tickets. 

    "Enjoy the show," she said. 

     "Thanks!" Pacifica exclaimed.

    "She doesn't mean it," Gideon said.

     Inside the tent, there were rows of wooden benches to serve as seats for the audience. The three of us snagged the front row, despite Gideon's grumbling. The lights dimmed as we took our seats.

     An old man proudly strutted across the stage. The man had smooth gray hair and piercing brown eyes. He was wearing a light blue suit with a turquoise necklace around his neck. In his hands was a microphone. 

      "Who is he?" I whispered.

     "That's Stan Gleeful," Gideon replied. "The twins' great-uncle."

     "Welcome, ladies and gentletourists!" he announced. "Gather around for the one and only Dipper and Mabel Gleeful!"

     As soon as he finished those words, a puff of smoke appeared, encasing the man in it. When it disappeared, the smoke was gone, and a pair of kids were on the stage. They seemed to be about my age, and both shared brown hair, blue eyes, and were both dressed in blue and black clothing. But that's where the similarity ends. The girl's hair cascaded down to her waist, while the boy's hair was short. The boy had a mark on his forehead that looked identical to the Big Dipper constellation. 

      "Welcome!" the boy, Dipper, declared. 

      "It's wonderful to see you all!" Mabel exclaimed.

      After their introductions, Mabel and Dipper did tricks that you would see magicians do. You know, like getting a rabbit from a hat and making flower bouquets appear out of nowhere. I have no idea why Gideon distrusts them if all they do is do corny tricks.

     But then something strange happened. Dipper said, "Mabel, I sense we have a new presence tonight."

     "Oh, I feel it too, dear brother!" Mabel giggled. "Who could it be?'

      "I believe that it is," Dipper paused for dramatic effect. "Y/N L/N!"

     Huh? How did he know that? Did he read my mind or something? Maybe there's more to the twins than I thought. I glanced at Pacifica and Gideon's faces. Pacifica gazed at Dipper in awe, as if he just solved world hunger. Gideon had a deep frown on his face.

    "May Y/N please come up onstage?" Mabel asked.

    Oh shoot. I thought. I didn't really want to get onstage after what Gideon told me. But my legs disobeyed me, as if they had a mind of their own. They didn't stop until I got center stage, between Dipper and Mabel.

     "Uh, hey," I said, giving an awkward wave to the audience. I could see Gideon and Pacifica in the audience. Pacifica was still in awe, but Gideon had a look of fear on his face. What was Gideon so afraid of that the twins could do to me?

     "Hello, Y/N," Dipper said. "What brings you to Reverse Falls?"

     "Uh, I moved from h/t."

     "H/t? How charming!" said Mabel. "Say, Y/N, how about you be a volunteer for our final act?"

     "Uh, no thanks," I say. The crowd all sighs sadly, while Dipper and Mabel each give me a small frown. I started heading my way back to the audience when my legs started working on their own and made me walk back onstage.

     "You know what? I'll be your volunteer!" I exclaimed. The crowd cheered loudly. What am I saying? I think. First my legs, now my mouth? Why won't my body listen to me?! 

     "Excellent!" Dipper grinned. Then he turned to the audience. "For our final trick, our volunteer will play with fire with your favorite demon, Will Cipher!"

      Wait, Will works in the Tent of Telepathy?! And he's a demon?!

                               ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will's pov:

     My eyes widened in shock when I heard Y/N's name. What were they doing here? 

     Relax, Will, I thought. You just have one more act to go through.

     When I heard my name called, I floated from backstage. Dipper and Mabel had smug grins on their faces, while Y/N's was of complete shock. As soon as I saw their face, my face started heating up. 

     Keep it together, Will! I thought. 

     I summoned a small yellow flame from my hand. Y/N's eyes widened in awe. 

     I shifted the flame into the shape of birds and made them fly above the stage and the audience. I kept doing more tricks, shaping fire into different shapes every time, gaining applause from the audience and looks of wonder on Y/N's face. Something fluttered within me. I ignored it, focusing on making more fire shapes.

    After I did my last shape, Stan strutted onstage and announced, "Thank you, everybody! Please come again soon!"

     Dipper and Mabel walked offstage and were instantly surrounded by admiring fans. I'm glad nothing bad happened to Y/N. 

     I glanced at Y/N. "Uh, hope you enjoyed the show."

     Y/N smiled. "Yeah, I did. It was really cool." 

     I beamed. I don't really get praise often, so I treasure it whenever I can.

     "Bye, Will! Hope to see you soon!" Y/N waved as they walked offstage.

     "G-good-bye!" I waved back.

     Then I sighed and went backstage.