A Deal

Y/N's pov:

      Are there others? I think. Like the ones from Summerween?

      Between me getting my new "job" at the Shack, inviting Will over, and stressing over Gideon, I'd forgotten about the monsters that made me end up working here in the first place.

      More questions swarmed in my head. Where do they come from? Could Gideon's journal tell me more about these?  Maybe I could try to ask him again...

      I quickly shook the last thought out of my head. I didn't want to risk Gideon hating me again. I would have to find some other way to find if there are other monsters. 

      Luckily for me, I could just start looking right away. I just finished working at the Shack for today.

     There has to be some way I can get information about the possibility of monsters in Reverse Falls...It can't hurt to look around, can it?

     I glanced at the various stores in town. My eyes were soon glued on a building that looked like a log. The sign above the door read Greasy's Diner. My stomach rumbled softly. I hadn't eaten anything since my lunch break at the Shack. It wouldn't hurt to take a break and get a snack.

     As soon as I thought that, I immediately got trampled by some random girl. I swore under my breath while I got myself back up.

     I soon found where the girl was going. A large group of kids around my age were gathered around the windows and the front door of Greasy's Diner.

    "Hey, why is everyone here?" I asked a nearby guy.

    He looked at me as if I lived under a rock. "Don't you know? Dipper Gleeful's in the diner!"

    I gave him a confused look. "So? Anyone can eat in a diner. He's not special."

    The guy gasped. "Have you been living under a rock? It's Dipper Gleeful! You know, whose family runs the Tent of Telepathy." He gave a sly grin. "And he and his sister are pretty hot."

   "Okay..." I awkwardly replied. "Um, can you please move out of the way? I need to get to the diner."

   "Yeah, sure," the guy scooched away from me. I thanked him as I walked past him.

   However, there were still hundreds of other people I had to get past. I muttered apologies as I maneuvered past them.

  Finally, after five minutes, I finally got to the diner's door. I opened it and walked inside.

  I soon found a seat and sat down. I sent a quick text to my parents about my location.

  I glanced around the diner as I waited for someone to take my order. It was a bit busy, with customers occupying most of the booths. The waiters and waitresses serving said customers kept getting their feet stuck in holes that were on the floor.  A manliness tester was next to one of the diners' doors.

   I began thinking of random plans to read Gideon's journal. They were shot down as fast as I thought of them. My best bet at this point was to ask Gideon about it again, but what good would that do? He'd probably change the subject about it or accuse me of working with the Gleeful twins again.

  "Hello, Y/N," I glanced in disbelief. Dipper was talking to me and had taken a seat next to me.

  I thought he'd still be mad at me from the party. Wait, is he going to yell at me again from what happened? I could feel my palms starting to sweat.

  "Uh, what are you doing here?" I tried to sound less nervous.

  "Well, anyone can come here, Y/N. It's not a specifically reserved place." Dipper smirked. "Or do you mean why I'm sitting next to you?"

  I gave him a deadpan stare. "Why you're sitting next to me."

  "I want to apologize for how I acted during the party. I had no right to yell at you for an honest mistake. May you please forgive me?" Dipper's head was lowered.

  He seemed sincere enough. "It's okay."

  A waiter came up to us. "Hello, what would you like?"

  "I'll have some f/f," I replied.

  "Some coffee," Dipper piped up.

  The waiter walked away cheerfully, probably because he got to talk to a town celebrity. Dipper turned to me, his blue eyes boring into mine. To be honest, it was a bit creepy.

  What is he doing? I think nervously. "Uh, do you have anything else you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

  "Have you ever noticed anything...strange around here?" Dipper asked, his eyes not breaking from my gaze.

   I glanced away nervously. He knows about the monsters around here? I thought he'd be too busy doing his shows to pay attention to what was happening around here. Maybe he could help me in some way. But Gideon said that the twins were suspicious.

   Oh crap, what am I supposed to do?

   "Yeah, I know about some of the stuff here," I reply, trying to sound totally relaxed and not freaking out on the inside. It's not like there's a lot of options I can choose from.

   "Good." Before Dipper could continue, the waiter came back with our orders. I played with my food as Dipper took a sip of his coffee.

   "I've been looking for someone, besides my sister, to search for more of the anomalies around here." Dipper gave a little smirk. "I think you'd be perfect to help me out."

 "Uh, why me?" And not any of your adoring fans?

  "Because if I invited anyone else, they would mess up everything trying to impress me." He paused for a moment, taking another sip of his coffee. "Anyway, if you do decide to monster hunt with me, I need you to do something for me."

   "What..is it?" I asked warily. Whatever Dipper's asking, it's giving off sus vibes.

   "I need you to tell me everything you know about the Mystery Shack."

    Huh. I thought he'd be asking for something more impossible. I was about to agree to his terms when I remembered what Gideon said about the twins. Remember some of the volunteers that Dipper and Mabel had? None of them were seen after that.

    "Why do you want me to tell you about the Shack?" I asked. "It's not really the most interesting place here."

     "Do you want to know more about this town or not?" Dipper said, his tone implying that I should shut up.

     If I refused Dipper, then how else am I going to know about the weird stuff here?

    "Alright. Deal." I extended my hand.

    Dipper shook it. "It's a pleasure doing business with you, L/N. I'll come to you for our first expedition." He then placed a few dollar bills on the counter. "For the bill. No need to pay me back." Then he left the diner.

     For someone who seems shady, Dipper was acting nice. At least I can finally figure out the weird stuff around here.

   I glance at my watch. Oh, crap! I forgot that I was hanging out with Will later today! I quickly scarfed down my food and zoomed out of the diner.