Chapter 1 [Lowly Treasure Hoarder]

Childe

"Oh my... What happened here?!"

Fatui Skirmisher

"Boss... You must run as far as you can before they come back..."

Childe

"Wh-What?... I don't understand... Tell me what happened."

Childe was in a restricted region of Liyue that was located underground, looking for something he had been assigned to find. All of his subordinates were terribly injured, laying on the ground.

Fatui Skirmisher

"No... You must... Go..."

Childe

"Hey... Hey!"

The fatui skirmisher breathed his last breath and perished there. Childe inhaled deeply, then exhaled strongly. When he heard footsteps behind him, he immediately raised his guard.

Childe

"Who's there?!"

Treasure Hoarder 1

"Agh!"

Childe

"Uh..." Were those fatui skirmishers... Really beat up by... Treasure hoarders?!

Childe nearly burst out laughing, believing that his men had died battling such unskilled opponents.

Childe

"Look at you, shaking in your boots."

Treasure Hoarder 2

"Don't come any closer!"

Childe

"Why not? Aren't you the ones who beat up all my men? Surely you can put me in the same position as them, right?"

Treasure Hoarder 1

"I-I... Hey... That's the guy..."

Treasure Hoarder 2

"He is?!..."

Childe

"Hey! What are you two mumbling about?"

Childe was less intimidated now that he understood his foes were nothing more than treasure hoarders.

Treasure Hoarder 1

"Uh... U-Uhm... We aren't the ones who killed your men!... Uh... In fact-"

Childe

"Tell me..."

Childe drew Treasure Hoarder 1 close to his face by grabbing him by the shirt. He asked him questions while eyeing him down.

Childe

"What the hell did you pull, huh? What'd you do to kill all my men? How'd you do it?"

Treasure Hoarder 1

"I recommend you let go of my shirt right now."

Treasure Hoarder 1's attitude unexpectedly altered. He was no longer trembling, but he was also staring menacingly into Childe's eyes.

Childe

"Oh? Why's that?"

Treasure Hoarder 1