Chapter 17 [Forever By Your Side]

-A MONTH LATER-

.

.

.

Teyvat suffered incredible destruction. You took advantage of the chance to tour Teyvat's other regions outside Liyue and Snezhnaya, you don't anticipate returning to Snezhnaya in the future. Inazuma and Mondstadt received most of your repair assistance.

Childe

"Y/N."

You

"Yeah?"

Childe

"Do you think we could stick together?"

You

"Well, I mean... You're busy with fatui work. I'm still leading the treasure hoarders."

Childe

"Oh..."

Childe was seated right by your side, holding your hand tenderly, as you sat at the very top of Stormterror's Lair. You were placed on stone bricks with your legs dangling off the edge. You turned to face him when you saw his really anxious expression and chuckled.

You

"No, no, Childe, don't misunderstand. I'm not saying we have to break up."

He sighed with relief.

Childe

"Phew... Okay good!"

You laughed.

Childe

"So... Does this mean we just can't see each other often?"

You

"Well, kinda-"

Childe

"What?!"

You

"Don't worry, Childe!"

Childe

"Why can't we see each other often?!"

You

"Childe, don't get me wrong, I really do want to stay with you. It's just that since you'll be with the fatui all the time, we won't be able to-"

Childe

"I'll quit my job then!"

You

"Huh?! Childe, you know you can't do that!"

Childe

"Yes, I can! Scaramouche ran away, and so can I."

You

"Yeah- Well the fatui are gonna be on the lookout for you!"

Childe

"..." *Sigh* "That's true..."

You

"Well... All the harbingers are still working on repairing Snezhnaya, isn't that right?"

Childe

"Yeah..."

You

"And all the treasure hoarders are still in the underground working on the repairs there."

Childe

"Mhm..."

You

"So... I'd say we have about a year together... Until we have to start working again."

Childe

"Okay! As long as we have enough time to do everything we wanna do together!"

You chuckled, absolutely loving Childe's energy. You swung your feet back and forth, watching the sunset with Childe by your side.

He never plans on leaving you ever again.