Chapter 2 [Rendezvous]

Zhongli

"Yes. Please meet me at the Northland bank tomorrow. I'll let you meet him."

-TOMORROW, NORTHLAND BANK-

You were seated on a random chair in the Northland bank, waiting impatiently. After 30 minutes, no one had arrived but you.

You

Where is Zhongli? He didn't trick me, did he?... Nah... That's not like him.

You heard the door open while fidgeting with the chair's material. When you jerked your head back to see who it was, all you saw was a clueless orange-haired man.

???

"...!"

You

"You?!"

You could see Zhongli following close behind him.

You

"Zhongli, this is the friend you chose to help me?!"

Zhongli

"... Childe, Y/N, you already know each other?"

Childe

"Give it back!"

Childe charged up to you and slammed you to the ground, his body on top of yours.

You

"Wait!-"

Childe

"Give it! I know you have it!"

Zhongli

"Childe!"

Ekaterina (Receptionist of Northland Bank)

"Hey! What's going on here?!"

Zhongli and the receptionist were at a loss for what to do; they couldn't get involved for fear of being hurt. Childe had already pinned both your arms to the ground as you attempted to push him off of you.

You

"Get off, dumbass!"

Childe

"Where is it?!"

You

"I don't fucking have it!..."

Childe

"..."

Zhongli

"... Ahem, may I ask why is it that you're... Beating each other up?"

Childe

"Y/N's a goddamn thief! They're the leader of the-"

You managed to pry one of your hands out of Childe's grasp and covered his mouth with enough power.

You

"Shh!"

Childe

"?!..."

You

*Sigh* "Your polearm's in the underground."

You whispered. Childe calmed down gradually, and you were able to withdraw your hand from his mouth.