Chapter 9 [Teeny Tiny Dick-Sized Brain]

yeah do u guys like the title of this chapter 🥺

Aside from the stress, Scaramouche went to bed after leaving Childe to consider his option.

-THE NEXT DAY, MORNING-

You

"I found something!"

You yelled, startling Childe and Scaramouche awake.

You

"Okay so- I spent all morning looking at what we gathered again, and look!"

Childe

"Holy shit... You did all this?"

You

"... Yeah. But- That's not the point, look at it!"

Scaramouche

"... I don't get it. What's it supposed to be?"

You

"Oh my god- Open your eyes, Scara! All my 6 months of searching were definitely worth it... Kind of."

Scaramouche examined what you'd set up on the table before turning to face Childe.

With the look he was giving Scaramouche, Childe was basically speaking to him. "Don't look at me that way."

Childe

"Th-This is great! Should we start searching today? Now?"

You

"No... Not now."

Childe

"Wh- How come?"

You

"There are soldiers all over the place. I'll get caught. We'll get caught."

Childe

"Well, you didn't get caught when we met up at the bank."

You

"That's because Zhongli was with me."

Childe

*Sigh* "S-So when do we head out?"

Scaramouche

"Why so desperate to search for it, Childe?"

You

"..."

Childe

"It's nothing, Scaramouche. I'm not 'desperate' to find it, I'm just asking simple questions so I'm informed more about our plans."

Childe couldn't figure out what Scaramouche was up to. Was he attempting to sell him out or what?

You

"Uh... Moving on, look here. This is the exact place where my friend died. Exactly where he died. It makes sense, it's gotta be there!"

Childe

"And you... Haven't checked this spot before?"

You

"I mean I've thought of it, but... I never got the opportunity to. I always believed it was down here, in the underground. I was sure of it."