Chapter 16 [Unending Delight]

Childe

"Y/N!"

To free Signora from you, Childe tried to hurry over to you, but this vast army of fatui just wouldn't allow him. They denied him access to all opportunities. You were struggling to reach for the object that was just out of your hands reach as Signora was so intent on taking your breath away.

Childe would just attack Signora from a distance if he couldn't do it while he was nearby. He only wanted to leave this enraged horde of fatui. Running all the way to the door, he pointed a bow at Signora's head with shaking hands.

His hands were trembling madly, so his aim wasn't the finest. He fired a few arrows, all of which missed. He could see the fatui approaching him out of the corner of his eye, he panicked and became frightened.

He really took the time to load his bow with hydro energy before firing at her, intending to hit her in the head. Although her head wasn't struck, at least her shoulder was. It was acceptable.

You were able to grab the gadget just as agony burst in her shoulder. Given its weight, you swung it and struck Signora in the face with what may have been a weapon all along. As you repeatedly hit the off button in a fit of panic, you dropped the device on the floor.

You experienced another earthquake. A worse situation than the previous one. You looked at Signora as she was slowly dying... Again.

haha imagine dying twice signora 😱

Along with her, the army of fatui perished as Scaramouche and Childe looked on. The structure started to crumble away in a matter of seconds as the quake just grew stronger. Childe occasionally fell, but he always got back up.

Nothing would change by going outside, but at least you wouldn't get run over by an ice-covered building. As Childe and Scaramouche ran right to you, you rose up, feeling your sore throat. They both picked you up and fled immediately.

Childe held Scaramouche and you both tightly, the three of you fell into the snow as the earthquake went on.

Although it may have been worse, this earthquake was unquestionably far shorter than the previous one. All of you had your eyes shut, sitting in the snow with your snow-soaked clothing. Childe slowly opened his eyes, scanning the area to make sure no one was nearby.

Childe was still tightly squeezing both of you and Scaramouche close to him.

Childe then began to smile, but he was unable to feel it since the cold had rendered his mouth completely numb.

Childe

"Haha, they're gone!"

You and Scaramouche laughed out loud as you saw Childe leap around in the snow like a little kid, full of unending delight.