Chapter 12 [Happy Lantern Rite!]

It was already nighttime when Childe left the domain, tears in his eyes and a headache, and the fireworks were already being shot into the sky.

Childe

"Happy Lantern Rite my fucking ass."

He looked at the device and wanted to crush it. Only you knew how it worked, and you were still inside that domain, dying and bleeding out on the hard floor. He then walked for a long time to Snezhnaya, nearly freezing to death in the extreme cold.

Those in the underground became concerned. They couldn't stop wondering where you were. Wondering where Childe was.

-A DAY LATER-

Rumble...

You were awakened by the sensation of a small pebble falling against your face. You slowly blinked your eyes, still unable to move. The ground was shaking, and you were baffled. You'd been out cold for an entire day and was still alive.

???

"Y/N!"

Someone yelled your name over and over again in a muffled voice. To be honest, it became a little irritating. The blurry figure approached you; your eyes weren't even fully open yet, so everything didn't seem right.

They lifted your shirt, examined your wound, and then applied pressure to it with a cloth.

You

"!..."

???

"Shh... Hey- Hey Y/N, can you hear me?"

You

"..."

You winced as they put pressure on it. They gradually lifted you from your prone position and began carefully wrapping your wound with a bandage. They then picked you up, trying not to injure you.

Their hands were cold, but their touch was comforting. Apart from the cold touch, resting your head against their chest as they carried you provided you with comfort and warmth.

The shaking in the domain became increasingly severe, and more rocks began to fall. It was worse than the domain you first entered with Scaramouche and Childe. The person carrying you nearly collapsed and lost their balance, but they were willing to do anything to get you out of there alive.

???

"It's okay! We're almost at the exit!"

You

"..."

They burst through the domain doors while carrying you and finally got you out of the domain. The shaking was still audible; this earthquake had affected not only the domain but the entirety of Teyvat.

Every region was going through the same thing that you and this person were. The person stood there, exhausted from running and carrying you with both legs and arms aching. After catching their breath, they looked around and ran to what appeared to be a small cave in a stone wall.

It wasn't the safest option, but it would provide you with a place to rest.

???

"There, there..."

You

"My head hurts..."